Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wrinkled Fusible Batting - Help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wrinkled-fusible-batting-help-t198074.html)

Tartan 08-20-2012 06:03 AM

I have never used that brand before but what is the method for fusing? I use Hobbs 80/20 fusible and it is water solvable so no steam on it or you run the risk of losing the fusible. Sometimes it has wrinkles in it and I carefully separate the folds and smooth it out. When I dry iron my sandwich together, if any bumps remain, I gently pull them ahead as I iron the sandwich flat. I iron both sides of the sandwich and make sure it is wrinkle free before quilting. With the Hobbs you can peel it back and refuse if needed. Does your fusible allow that?

Deborahlees 08-20-2012 07:35 AM

what about a quick iron onto a teflon pressing cloth....so if any of the 'fusible' glue melts it will be onto the teflon and
will peel off....just make very sure glue side is down on the teflon, as you do NOT want to get that glue on your iron

Shiloh 08-21-2012 05:04 PM

Thanks to all of your suggestions, I finally came up with a solution. I laid it out and turned my hair dryer on high and directed it on the wrinkles and smoothed out the wrinkles with my other hand and it worked! I still won't buy this brand again. I'm going to try the spray adhesive next time. According to the instructions, this is supposed to be fused with a dry iron if doing both sides and steam if only doing one side. Don't get that (doing one side? why would someone only do one side?).

Quiltqueen3 11-05-2019 01:30 PM

I am so frustrated.Bought the same batting and can’t get the wrinkles out either.What a waste of money
Fusible batting should be sold folded

nativetexan 11-05-2019 02:35 PM

I used my last fusible batting and happened to be busy so just laid it out on two folding tables. kept smoothing it and after a day or two, it "rested" enough to be nice and flat. well almost. much better though. If i get more, I will do that again.

ClairVoyantQuilter 11-05-2019 05:21 PM

You can try spraying it with water and letting it dry, but it’s doubtful that will work. Personally, I’d toss it or see if it can be returned. Fusible battings are great for bags and crafts, not so great for quilts.

sewingsuz 11-05-2019 06:08 PM

This is what I would try. put it in the dryer with a damp bath towel. My dryer has a no heat and that is what I would try. That would make me disgusted when you are trying to finish a quilt.

SueZQ from MN 11-06-2019 01:33 PM

I would return it, even if it has been cut. To my way of thinking it is defective and the store and the manufacturer should stand behind what they sell. If they don't, I guess they don't need my money. If the retail shop won't refund your money, contact customer service at the manufacturer directly and kindly explain what methods you have tried to get it to flatten, and that the retailer would not replace or issue credit for what is clearly a defective product. Ask them if they would issue a pre-paid shipping label so that you can return it to them so they will know what you are complaining about. Most of the time, they will either replace it or give you a substitute. I worked with customer service for many years and the key is to keep cool and calm and make them feel sorry for your inconvenience. If all that fails, tell everyone you know what happened so they don't buy that product or deal with that retailer. Also, write a bad review on any site that sells that product. Sometimes the only way businesses understand is if it will affect their bottom line.

nativetexan 11-06-2019 04:19 PM

a large craft store wouldn't take back some fusible i took an hour to unstick. i ended up getting a hole after all that work. the girl refused,so i left it with her. then wrote the company and ended up with two more bags of batting. so not to shabby. but it does stick together. wouldn't put it into the dryer myself.

Claire123 11-06-2019 09:05 PM

I have not had this issue with the fusible batting, but I've had it with regular batting. I was told to put it in the bath tub with 2-3 inches of water, then wring it out gently. I put it in the dryer and when I took it out, it was just perfect. Maybe this method will work for you. Any time you get packaged batting, it will probably have some creases.