Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You have the picture and the pattern... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-have-picture-pattern-t49481.html)

Kitsie 06-13-2010 10:33 AM

does anyone know if any on-line sites would make up a "kit" of the fabrics for you? This is just a question for future reference. I do not have a big stash and am lousy at picking out fabrics when the pattern calls for many fat quarters of different variations of colors (eg: navy, blue with white, white with blue; then various tans and light browns) The blues don't have purples or teals in them, just various true blues. Anyway, I digress...

Anyone know of a place that will do that? Might be a good little side-line for a private person too! A personal fabric shopper to go with your personal machine quilter!

Kathy N 06-13-2010 10:35 AM

Quilt Kits in Brighton, Michigan does just that. They have many kits available on their website.

Kathy N 06-13-2010 10:36 AM

Sorry, I left off the url

www.creativequiltkits.com

bj 06-13-2010 10:38 AM

I'll bet if you went to the LQS they'd be glad to help you with fabric choices. Call ahead and ask if there is a typically slow time you could come in and get their help.

HapaMom 06-13-2010 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie
does anyone know if any on-line sites would make up a "kit" of the fabrics for you? This is just a question for future reference. I do not have a big stash and am lousy at picking out fabrics when the pattern calls for many fat quarters of different variations of colors (eg: navy, blue with white, white with blue; then various tans and light browns) The blues don't have purples or teals in them, just various true blues. Anyway, I digress...

Anyone know of a place that will do that? Might be a good little side-line for a private person too! A personal fabric shopper to go with your personal machine quilter!

GREAT IDEA, Kitsie! I too am TERRIBLE at colour :? Until you posted it, I never knew what a "kit" even was! :lol: This would be great for me, too since I have pic of quilts I want and patterns but good luck picking out the colours if there aren't any in the store EXACTLY like what's in the pic! :lol:

Thank you, Kitz!!! *HUGS*

bearisgray 06-13-2010 10:45 AM

I think there is someone on this forum that does that - unfortunately, I don't remember who -

Maybe someone else can remember ?

JudyG 06-13-2010 11:04 AM

I know the owners of the LQS's around here (all about an hour away) would help with something like that. I was in one a few weeks ago just browsing and talking to the owner. I told her I wanted to do a bargello and a French braid, but that I was absolutely horrible at picking out fabrics. She told me to come back when I was ready and she would go through the shop with me and help me decide what would work for each quilt. She said that was her favorite thing about owning a shop was to help people decide things like that. So if you have a local LQS, I bet they would be more than happy to help you out.

Kitsie 06-13-2010 11:06 AM

Thanks, all! I'll bookmark this for when I'm ready! (when I win the lottery!)

Kitsie 06-13-2010 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by HapaMom

Howdy, Bridgette! I'm thinking on-line stores usually have much bigger collections for cheaper but could also be fun to go with a knowledgeable person.

GREAT IDEA, Kitsie! I too am TERRIBLE at colour :? Until you posted it, I never knew what a "kit" even was! :lol: This would be great for me, too since I have pic of quilts I want and patterns but good luck picking out the colours if there aren't any in the store EXACTLY like what's in the pic! :lol:

HapaMom 06-13-2010 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by HapaMom

Howdy, Bridgette! I'm thinking on-line stores usually have much bigger collections for cheaper but could also be fun to go with a knowledgeable person.

KITSIE! Yes, onliine stores are the BEST but again, if it's not in a kit, I'm lost :? What I think looks great online when I get it home ... *BLECH* :roll: :lol:

Yes, it would be fun to shop w/a knowlegeable person. Wish we could find the person on the board who's a "Personal Fabric Shopper"!!!