Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know what I like about this forum... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-what-i-like-about-forum-t8888.html)

Butterflyspain 07-11-2008 01:11 AM

I just love this board, feel I have made so many friends all over the world and it was great when someone posted the Who are You, because then I got to put a face to the gals who I had been writing to and who had been writing to me. Yes, I find myself checking this site out several times, sometimes I forget to click out, so in case you are wondering I do sleep.

Oh yes and a special thank you to the Admin Girls who do an absolutely amazing job. I have wondered, how did this Board get started???? Enquiring minds would like to know????? Please

Elle

mrs theo 07-11-2008 08:43 AM

I found this site through Konstantin's Quilted Newsletter that I signed up for in the spring when I first started to learn how to quilt. She has connections at the bottom of her newsletter.

I love this site!!! I can get a laugh, instructions, encouragement (very important to a newbie :D ), patterns, links and so much wisdom. I've recommended this site to the quilters that I know with a great deal of enthusiasm.

This isn't just a website, it's a community. I've noticed that people will even ask about someone who posts a great deal and then doesn't post for a couple of days. Everyone here seems to look out for one another. I think that's beautiful :!: :) :!:

DebJ 07-11-2008 08:23 PM

Yep this board is the best. Lots of advice-help. Lots of friends all over. Easy to EnJoy! And the live chats are fun & easy too! :lol: Even if all you do is listen until you can catch-on to the topic of discussion. I signed on with one other and I never go there. :lol: This one is the BEST. Thanks, admin.

Joan 07-12-2008 05:25 PM

This is the place to be--I've never seen a nicer and more supportive, helpful group of people. :lol: I feel like I personally know alot of you and a visit to "board' is a regular part of my day. In fact, it is quite addictive.......

barnbum 07-12-2008 06:11 PM

I was thinking today--what this board is to me is a replacement for a missing mother and grandmother in my life. Lost Mom in 1997, and Gram in 2005. Gram especially was so happy I was quilting and I'd haul all the new fabrics and WIPs when I visited her every weekend. It was a treasure of a time.

Now there's no one to share my projects with, but all of you. The new routine is deciding when to take a photo to post it here....should I wait until the binding is sewn on, or not. (Usually not. :wink: )

I appreciate the support. :D

mgshaw 07-12-2008 06:23 PM

This baord is the best and all you guys and gals are the BESTEST!!!!!! :D

Karenmay 07-13-2008 09:38 AM

I started quilting and joined this board just after my Mum died 18 months ago! My younger sis had died the year before and I'm sure this place stopped me from going mad!! I was beginning to feel very sorry for myself!....I can't even remember how I found the site....but I'm so glad I did!!

Karen xx

k_jupiter 07-13-2008 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by mrs theo
I found this site through Konstantin's Quilted Newsletter that I signed up for in the spring when I first started to learn how to quilt. She has connections at the bottom of her newsletter.

I

Ummmm.... Konstantin and I have something in common....

tim in san jose

Belinda 07-15-2008 04:56 AM

Madolyn--you said it all very good! I agree! :thumbup:

k9colliedog 07-15-2008 06:50 AM

Yes, and don't forget me across the pond.