Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   You know who you are (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/you-know-who-you-t189727.html)

mdall 05-22-2012 02:41 PM

You know who you are

I havent been a member of the board very long and there is something I need to say. Since joining the board I have met and made so many friends. I live in a small rural community where needless to say it is difficult to find alot of people with my same interest. The people here on the board have been so nice. I have received so much help with anything you can imagine since joining. Members have given me encouragement when I thought I couldn't do something, sent me links for things I was searching for, mailed me patterns that I didnt have, sent me templates, and most recently sent me fabrics from their stashes when I could not find the right ones for a project that I was wanting to do. All of you mean so much to me that I can't put them into words. To all of you and you know who you are, please know that all of you have brought joy and laughter into my life when I otherwise could not find it and I could never repay you for it. Thank you guys again so much for being there and being my friends. I love you guys.:)

ckcowl 05-22-2012 02:45 PM

awhh...that's so sweet! most everyone here does try to be friendly and fill a void---there are certainly good things about the power of the internet- it has opened the world to us and allowed us to connect where otherwise we would have been alone. i am so glad you have found such happiness here & hope you enjoy our community for many years to come.:thumbup:

Mousie 05-22-2012 02:57 PM

what a nice, cheery message for this very sleepy mousie!
I'm happy for you that you are enjoying the QB and meeting ppl as well as learning.
I never knew real-hobby-joy till I was able to sew AND share with others. It's almost like a party! :thumbup:

rootyr 05-22-2012 03:24 PM

Sweet. That is the way quilters are!

Raggiemom 05-22-2012 03:26 PM

This is a wonderful, friendly board. I love it here.

Pat625 05-22-2012 03:32 PM

I know exactly what you mean! I have enjoyed my on line friendships with people that have similar interests. When I was in the hospital, I had so many well wishes from the people I have met in the chat room...Being disabled, I do not get out much, and you have all made my life so much more bearable and happier by being there

aborning 05-22-2012 04:53 PM

Since I joined this board, I have been totally addicted to it. If I am too busy to get on the computer for a couple days, i feel like I might have missed out on something by not being on this board every day. It is a wealth of knowledge. It is better than any magazine. Just today, I posted a link asking about a stack and whack block and what size is the triangle in a pack of turnovers--and right away I had some responses and found out the answers to my questions. I, like you, love this board and everyone on it. So--thanks to everyone--from me, too.

Silver Needle 05-22-2012 04:53 PM

This is a really great place. I spend every night here for a while before I "try" to go to sleep. I HATE INSOMNIA. But it's nice to have a place to go at 3 am.

DebbieKT 05-22-2012 05:41 PM

I so agree mdall! I'm not rural (but wish I was) but sometimes still feel isolated! I haven't found a guild near enough or with convenient meetings that fit into my schedule. ! LOL Now I feel like I am surounded by "sisters of the needle" who are so willing to share thier knowledge and encouragement!

In my few months here on the board I have learned so much ( like places to buy batting by the role) and am about to embark on a Mystery Train Ride with many of my new friends! Sounds like they all like to cook and eat! LOL Hope I don't gain too many pounds on this journey!

tngal22 05-22-2012 06:21 PM

This is a wonderful board! I too have had a lady to send me bobbins for my new machine, more than she should have. I am eternally grateful. I don't have a large stash, or know about about quilting yet, but I do try to help when I can.

I learn so much from this board and take everyone's suggestions and opinions to heart when I ask a question. So thank you from me too.