Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Are your LQShops still open? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/your-lqshops-still-open-t23504.html)

quiltswithdogs 07-30-2009 06:47 PM

There was a question we all answered about how far away we must go to buy fabric and of course, which Walmart still sells fabric is always discussed.

I have a LQS 20min south and another, 20min north of my home. Both are thriving.

Today, I went to check out the one north of me to see her new location. Her place is bigger and better than her previous location, with a Coco's restaurant in the same group of stores and a big parking lot. She's doing really well there!

So, I'm curious, in this 1-2years of bad economy troubles, are all your quilt shops still OK too?

Jim's Gem 07-30-2009 08:01 PM

I've had a couple close. One because the couple that owned it wanted to retire, nothing to do with the economy. Another, by my mom's house was because of the economy. I'm bummed about both!!

nursie76 07-30-2009 08:04 PM

I have one about 20 miles away, one about 45 min away and one an hour away (not close to home, but in the area where I work) and all seem to be doing well.

sharon b 07-30-2009 08:20 PM

The main one I go to Ericas is open and thriving ! In fact I asked last time I was in and they gladly told me they are busier then ever :lol: And every time I go they have people in there and lots of cars in the lot . So glad they are doing well :wink:
Sharon

MsSage 07-30-2009 08:22 PM

I have one 10 blocks for my apartment she is doing ok.....I do what I can when I can to help her out LOL
There is another LQS 40 miles away I dont see them closing anytime soon but you never know I have only been there twice.
I know there are some in Amarillo but unless I HAVE to go I will not go just for fabric....if neither LQS have what I want, I wait or get it online.

Lucky Patsy's 07-30-2009 11:25 PM

Two of six shops nearby have closed, but fortunately not the one I frequent the most!

PrettyKitty 07-31-2009 03:30 AM

I only have one which is about an hour away, but they are always busy busy! Looking forward to visiting their stand at the Festival of Quilts in August

sewjoyce 07-31-2009 05:52 AM

My LQS (less than 5 min. from my house) expanded last year and we are trying to talk the owners into expanding again to have more quilt class room!

Quilting Aggi 07-31-2009 05:57 AM

Lately I don't go to my LQS. The cost of fabric around here is getting more and more expensive so for the last year or so I have been purchasing online. If I do need to get something I go to the quilt shop just around the corner from where I work. The fabrics are still pricey, but they have a nice selection

CajunQuilter2 07-31-2009 06:12 AM

We have 2 in the town where I live. One has been there many years, Gingers. She has a good on-line business. The other one is across town and only opened 1 year ago. They are doing GREAT!! They are already needing to expand. They are great people. Both stores carry completely different fabrics. gingers is more novelty & lots of oriental. Borne Quilter is more the current fabric trends so it is a nice diversity.