Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Problem--can't resist patterns and tutorials

Red face Problem--can't resist patterns and tutorials

PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE! Stop posting so many wonderful patterns etc. (Just kidding, of course)

I have just spent 3 days weeding out things I have printed from the Quilting Board. I have managed to toss those that I have to admit I will never get done in this lifetime. Then I organized and labeled everything else in a notebook.

Now, please, have mercy on an 80-year old woman who wants to make so many of the beautiful quilts she sees! Of course I can't resist printing many of them--then I will have to weed out again.
    Bebe McGee

Blog Entries
    Welcome to my world I have so many things I want to do I will have to live 3 lifetimes to even get half way through .... oh the life of a quilter .....
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    I"m with you. I've been cleaning out books and fabrics and blocks from swaps years ago. but I still find myself printing out pictures of quilts and all those sort of things. Now where to put them?

QM
    Me too. I think it makes more sense to copy into a photo file to to "print to file". Less wasteful. there certainly are lots of good patterns on this site.

Blog Entries
    i thought it might be easier to lay the fabrics for the next few projects on a shelf... but, NO. there they sit while i do another project that i found here. too many quilts, too little time!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    This must be contagious. I bookmark and print. Have more than I will ever do! But what fun to dream.
    Quilting in the Desert

Blog Entries
    LOL,I hear you. I keep one notebook of ideas. And it is stuffed FULL. But I go through it a couple times of year the way you do and weed out and make room for new patterns. Some stay and some go....Oh well, I'm just going to have to quilt faster. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimcatlou View Post
    PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE! Stop posting so many wonderful patterns etc. (Just kidding, of course)

I have just spent 3 days weeding out things I have printed from the Quilting Board. I have managed to toss those that I have to admit I will never get done in this lifetime. Then I organized and labeled everything else in a notebook.

Now, please, have mercy on an 80-year old woman who wants to make so many of the beautiful quilts she sees! Of course I can't resist printing many of them--then I will have to weed out again.
    10-2-12, the lucky day I became a granny!

We all sound alike. I have printed out tons of patterns and even saved MANY to my computer. I have to clean out some of them as I agree will need several lifetimes to make them and use all the patterns and stash I have.

I am guilty of the same thing. I now have 5 notebooks full of patterns to do! But keep them coming. I love it!!!