Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Problems with FMQ foot for Brother PQ1500 >

Problems with FMQ foot for Brother PQ1500

Problems with FMQ foot for Brother PQ1500

Old 06-05-2014, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by RipStitcher View Post
I'm not entirely sure which foot you all are talking about. I have one clear foot that came with my Babylock that doesn't have any metal on it.

But the thing I want to say is that the feet are not as interchangeable - sometimes - as what some people (and even sellers - like eBay or even sewing stores) say they are....

I put a video on YouTube that shows the differences between a Janome foot and a Babylock one....
The OP was talking specifically about a FMQ foot for her Brother 1500. I don't know how Babylock came into the discussion, but I stand by my recommendation that she can use the Janome FMQ foot in place of her Brother foot, because I have personally done this on my own machine and it does work.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:40 AM

I joined the Brother yahoo group when I got my machine. I tried searching there for a solution but didn't find one. I am not very good with navigating the Yahoo groups. The open part of the foot actually turns but is snug in some of the turn. I may see if my son-in-law, who is an awesome welder, can weld it so it stays in the correct spot once I get the plastic out.

I did buy a foot last night from Ebay. It is open and the seller listed the Brother 1500 as a machine the foot worked on. I will check and see if I can find a Janome foot if that doesn't work. I bought the machine from Ken's online store. We do have Brother dealer here, but they were $250 higher than Ken's.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:44 AM

Peckish,
Is this what your Janome foot looks like? I may try it if the one I bought doesn't work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Shank-Darning-Free-Motion-Quilting-embroidery-foot-Janome-1600P-1600P-DB-/321044143192?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abfb8dc58
Old 06-05-2014, 09:47 AM

I've purchased from Allbrands.com in the past and have been pleased.

I agree with you, searching on Yahoo groups is kind of difficult. I was suggesting more that you post your question there, and people will respond directly to you.

Here's a picture of the feet I was talking about. The one on the right with the plastic is the Brother, the one on the left came with my Janome.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478024[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails feet.jpg  
Old 06-05-2014, 10:26 AM

Thank you so much!!! I will go and see if I can find it at Allbrands!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Banned

Hi Peckish....

I'm sorry... I dragged Babylock into the fray because Babylock and Brother have the same mount - with the same distance between the needle drop position as it relates to how far it is from the bar the ankle snaps onto... as well as from side to side.

I'll bet a dollar your foot on the left works - but I also bet that the needle isn't squarely in the middle when you use that Janome foot on a Brother or Babylock machine. ... and it also might be not in the center from front to back in the middle of that open donut in the foot, either.

I just wanted to show that these feet aren't as interchangeable (sometimes) as what the seller says they are. It doesn't always matter... but for some specialty feet, it can.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:18 PM

I too had the same issue with my PQ1500 ordered from Kens, they ship the generic foot . The proper foot for the PQ1500 is actually the Juki FMQ foot ! It looks like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478053[/ATTACH]

edited to add that the Janome high shank feet are NOT compatable with the PQ1500 ( I purchased and found out the expensive way ) the JUKI are !
Attached Thumbnails 1500-foot.jpg  
Old 06-06-2014, 01:37 AM
Gay

I had the same problem with one of my Brothers a while ago - the needle didn't line up with the center of the hole, but still worked. Days later found I didn't have the foot connected correctly, just needed to 'play' with the fitting of it before screwing it on.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by SlightlyOffQuilter View Post
I too had the same issue with my PQ1500 ordered from Kens, they ship the generic foot . The proper foot for the PQ1500 is actually the Juki FMQ foot ! It looks like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]478053[/ATTACH]

edited to add that the Janome high shank feet are NOT compatable with the PQ1500 ( I purchased and found out the expensive way ) the JUKI are !
I just ordered a PQ 1500s but not from Ken's. In the description on the Brother website it says the a FMQ foot comes with the machine. Why is Ken's sending a generic foot? I would contact Ken's to see what they will do about sending a foot that does work with your machine.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:18 AM

If anyone interested I have an insert for a gigdet table for the pq1500q from arrow, I traded my machine in. Let me know. Also purchased the optional feet also.