Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Problems FMQing w/Pfaff Tectronic 2040

community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is there anyone out there that has this sewing machine? I purchased it approximately 15 y ago. I have tried to use it for FMQing but it skips stitches. This is really frustrating. I took it in to be serviced last year and they were supposed to fix it. Unfortunately, I haven't tried FMQing until yesterday and it is still skipping stitches. I plan to take it back ONE MORE TIME and then if it doesn't FMQ, I will have to buy a new machine. Thank you for your help.

I have a Pfaff and when I FMQ you bring the presser foot to the middle position, not all the way up and not all the way down. I took a class on FMQ and couldn't get it to work so called the Pfaff dealer and they told me about the 1/2 way down presser foot position. Hope this helps.

Same here. The pressure foot comes down to the half way point. But I have found with most machines if you move your fabric too fast and the machine isn't sewing fast enough you miss stitches.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for your reply. If and when I get a solution, I will let you know.

Blog Entries
    Yes! I do do that! It takes a while to remember. But even with the presser foot in the correct position, I still get missed stitches and a BUNCH of them. I found that if I stop sewing and start then it will catch. What a pain that is. Thank you for your response.

Hope you find your problem. That is so discusting when it doesn't do what it is suppose to do.

I have a Pfaff 2044 that did that but was fine after servicing. I thought it was weird though that the only time it skipped was when I was FMQ.