Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Problems with pressor foot on Janomme 1600p

Problems with pressor foot on Janomme 1600p

I loaded my quilt on my little gracie 2 frame and now my presser foot will not go all the way down. I have a janomme 1600p. Has anyone had this problem? It was working fine the last time i used it. any suggestions will be appreciated.

i have that same set up but never had that problem. i am going to go look at my machine
    now and see if i can see what could be the problem.

okay i checked mine out is there something preventing your foot going all the way down
    obstructing the lever? other than that i cannot figure out why. your needle is in the up and
    down position?

Quote Originally Posted by Joset View Post
    okay i checked mine out is there something preventing your foot going all the way down
    obstructing the lever? other than that i cannot figure out why. your needle is in the up and
    down position?
    I do not see anything that is causing it not to go down, yes it will go in the up and down position. My presser foot is the one that has a spring on it. Maybe it needs to be cleaned.I will take it off and see if cleaning it helps. If this don't help i may have to take it in to be checked out.

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    There are two springs on mine which one of the springs has a screw at the top. You can use it to adjust the height of the foot, I'm assuming depending on the thickness of your quilt... I've adjusted it once because I had really thick flannel seams. Perhaps you need to loosen that screw.

Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Joset View Post
    down position?
    Joset, My husband fixed it. There was a little screw on presser foot (The part that has the spring on it) somehow it got moved up . probably when i was threading needle, he screwed it back down and it fixed it, now back to seam ripper to remove bad stitches.Thank goodness i caught it soon only have to rip out a small portion Thanks so much Joset, You always try to help me.

My husband fixed it . the spring on the presser foot had been moved up, he adjusted it back down and it fixed it. Praise the Lord!!!!

that is good for my information for the future if it happens to me. i am glad you
    got it up and going