Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Professional Embroidery Machines >

Professional Embroidery Machines

Professional Embroidery Machines

Old 12-03-2010, 05:30 PM

Ok HELP!!!!!!!!!
I have this Baby Lock Ellegante II, warrenty goes off this Feb 2011, I've had it into my local store a few times, just got it back again. It knots threads up in the bobbin case. I've rewound bobbins over and over ON the machine, and use only their bobbins and I use Finishing Touch bobbin thread, or Madera. I also change my needle per project (type) or after a couple projects so they remain sharp.
I use Baby Lock stabilizer.

Last night, I was stitching on some embroidery blanks I bought, a pair of slippers (velcro top opens so you can stitch flat) one did good, other miss aliegned and nothing was moved. Next on 2 stockings, with fur, used a topping stabilizer also, and 3/4 the letters stitched fine, some messed up pretty bad. Then I stitched the pockets to a couple denim children crayon totes, again, messed up stitching. Today, I stitched 4X! A simple name & design, nothing big, for a toddler back pack, and even the 4th one is messed up on the letters. The letters are IN the machine program, not even the fancy ones, just plain block letters. I noticed that the side window on the machine, the light flickers sometimes, but not all the time? Does this sound like a computer board? Does anyone know, if I have the Gold Standard, that is warrenty through Baby Lock, not the dealer, right? If I moved, that warrenty would still be good at a different dealer? We have a second Baby Lock dealer in that town, should I take the machine to them?
All I know, is this is VERY frustrating. Paid almost $8,000 for a machine now trade in value is only $1,800 and it's not 3 yrs old until Feb. I paid $800 for Gold Warrenty, and can't get this machine fixed enough to stitch a complete pattern without messing it up.
I have a TON of projects and really pushing time for Christmas. I've ruined a lot of projects, fabric, stabilizer, thread and a LOT of wasted time. I made a shirt, stitching across the back, and IT misaliegned the pattern. It seems if I use the in-side designs (like alphabet) or a saved to machine, or flash drive, or computer link, no matter if it's from OeSD or EmbroideryLibrary, I'm having problems. AND I have turned down the stitch speed to slowest, hoping it would finish out without troubles...nope. what would you do?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:00 PM

I have a Baby Lock 6 needle and LOVE it. I've had it about 6 years. It has a nice screen so I can see what I am looking for, without having to remember names. I have a friend that bought a 15 needle machine and it doesn't have a screen on it. She likes it when she uses it, but she's not using it much. She likes the screen on her small machine.
The main thing you need to look at is SERVICE. You must have a good service/dealer for you to love your machine. Some times simple things can go wrong, and you need someone who is reliable and nice. My dealer is both. He's wonderful. We have only had a few items go wrong with our machine. One was a loose screw on the removable arm. We used it so much one weekend that it vibrated loose, and threw off the center. I also use the fast frames and love them too. We set up at flea markets and embroider on our own purses, blankets, bibs, etc and then embroider on others' items for $8. we mainly only do names and initials, since most people would take 30 minutes trying to figure out what they want, then not want to pay for the embroidery. Most seem to charge by the 1000 stitches. $1 per 1000.
I buy my stablizer from Allstitch.net and madiera. My thread from ABC company in Columbus, Mississippi. It's better to have a business license to get the wholesale prices. Hope this helps you.
Rebecca