Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Project Linus quilt label?

I just finished my first Project Linus quilt and I'm not sure what to write on the label or maybe I shouldn't have one. I feel like I should put the washing instructions, not sure what else, if anything.

Thanks for your thoughts :)

I always, always, always label. I guess my thought is, a bazillion years from now, when I'm dead and gone, I want others to know who made it. I just put, "Made with love by XXX. City, State. Month, Year."

I don't know if I would put washing instructions on the label. I always type up a small note, less than 5 sentences on washing, care, and treatment of stains.

Hope this helps!

Hi. I'm a PL Coordinator, and sometimes the quilts I receive have labels, and I love it! We sew a Linus label on each quilt, and I usually sew the Linus label next to the quilter's label. You could ask your local Linus Coordinator to see what he/she prefers. I put my label on the back lower corner of the quilts. However, some Coordinators put the labels on the front.

if you check the downy quilts for kids web site (or the instructions that come with your kit) it tells you what MUST be included on the label- and the label is a MUST. the Linus quilts i think are less- specific as to what (if anything) should be included...
    it's been awhile since i made my last one- but i think some of the items to include on the label is:
    the name of the quilt-
    your first name
    city, state, country.
    i also add fiber content- especially if i use poly blends, or batting other than cotton