Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Proper stitch to use in hand piecing

This is how I've always done hand piecing too. The back stitch just makes it a stronger seam and will hold if a stitch gets broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinterland
    I think your blocks are just fine as is. I use a running stitch, with a back stitch after I do a needle-full...so I guess it's every 5 or 6 stitches. I really don't know how much stronger that back stitch makes the seam, so I wouldn't worry about the blocks you already made.

Janet

Hi just wanted to comment on your fitness tracker I like it... I'm in the process of losing weight too, 20 down 30 to go :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pdunn56
    Hi just wanted to comment on your fitness tracker I like it... I'm in the process of losing weight too, 20 down 30 to go :-)
    congratulations ! I get down to about 146 and then bounce back up to 149... i don't post the ups only when I go down ha ha... it's less depressing that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Leota
    Quote Originally Posted by pdunn56
    congratulations ! I get down to about 146 and then bounce back up to 149... i don't post the ups only when I go down ha ha... it's less depressing that way.
    140 is my goal...never want to see 150 again! well I want to see it NOW but once I get under it , then never again :-) Good luck to us both!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2