Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Puffy Quilt Question

Next on my list is to make a quilt for my DS's girlfriend. She said she likes fluffy cuddly quilts so I'll be tieing her's so I can use a puffy filling.

Question on what to use. I've done one for myself using a 12 oz poly that I'll be taking apart, DH and I overheat under that one. If I use Quilters Dream Puff, would one layer be puffy enough or should I use 2 - and if I use 2 would overheating be a problem. Looks like QD Puff is 3 oz so two layers shouldn't be as warm.

My son says I waffle too much - but this is one of those times, I don't want to make it and have it be unloved because it is too hot or not puffy.

I adore Dream Puff, and if she is a typical girl, 2 layers won't be too warm!!! Can't wait to see it :-D

Banned
    I am frozen right now so my oppinion would be to use 2 layers of batting, but I am a cold natured ultra thin blooded hate being cold kind of person. so snuggly thick would get my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
    I am frozen right now so my oppinion would be to use 2 layers of batting, but I am a cold natured ultra thin blooded hate being cold kind of person. so snuggly thick would get my vote.
    Well I do have a whole another bag of the ultra heavy 12oz poly stuff. But I hesitate to use it for fear it would be too warm.