Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pumpkin suggestions

Pumpkin suggestions

I am looking for creative ideas for a challenge pumpkin theme quilt/wall hanging sponsored by our guild...can't be any more than 120 inches...this is my first post on the board. Any help you can all give me would be great....you are great bunch of gals. Thanks.

What other criteria does the challenge have - other than pumpkin and less than 120 inches?

Power Poster
    Any technique? Is it the colour pumpkin or the actual pumpkin shape? If it is pumpkin shaped I would Google Halloween pumpkin wallhangings. If you want to do pieced, what about a Twister pumpkin? I have seen the Twister tool used for hearts, trees, hats...and a pumpkin should be fairly easy to draft on graph paper.

This is a table runner pattern I found at the LQS. I liked it so much I made two. Here's the link to the pattern: http://www.suzannesarthouse.com/imag...n_Pumpkins.jpg

and here is my basted, but not quilted top.

Name:  PumpkinsTable Runner.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  118.6 KB
    Laura

Is it 120" total for all 4 sides? (that would be a 30x30 quilt if square) so a wall hanging size or table topper. Table runner you could do a rectangle 20x40...you could do something pieced with pumpkins appliqued on top, an autumn scene with pumpkins, Hope you get enough ideas!

What about doing pumpkin runners that could be hung side by side and be a continuation. Almost like being in a pumpkin patch.

Blog Entries
    I would do something with pumpkin pies, and maybe use baking utensils as a background, or a fabric with cinnamon, nutmeg, words on it.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.