Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Puppy Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by butterjoy View Post
    How did you fasten the bottom of the shirt to your waist so it will not bounce?
    I don't fasten it around my back but it seems to work fine. I put it over my head and right shoulder , she rides across my front diaganelly . My little girl-dog has been using this for over 10 years. I do chores around the house with her in it. This is the third one, we wore out the others. One was made with an old sweatshirt.
    Mary

I have to try this, my boy always wants to be carried, had one when he was a pup but he out grew it. Have two min pins. The girl is doesn't need the carrying just lots of hugs and loving.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...D222C12B01.png
    My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

I am going to try to make one with your idea. My boy, MIKEY, is a tiny fellow (Maltese/ShiTzu). He likes his freedom but wants to be held too.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks View Post
    I don't fasten it around my back but it seems to work fine. I put it over my head and right shoulder , she rides across my front diaganelly . My little girl-dog has been using this for over 10 years. I do chores around the house with her in it. This is the third one, we wore out the others. One was made with an old sweatshirt.
    Quilts are like friends - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth. Friendship promotes the good and happiness in each other.

Blog Entries
    how about doing a tut on this I have made diffrent ones but did not like what I came up with I like the way yours looks

Blog Entries
    My friend uses a baby sling pouch for her pets as well. Obviously a different one than the one she uses with the baby (smile).
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

@Murphy, Can you post a pic of your friend's sling pouch? I would like to see different kinds before I make one

@Sassy, will you post pics of yours?
    Quilts are like friends - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth. Friendship promotes the good and happiness in each other.

I used to carry my son around like that and it seems like those baby slings would work for puppies or small dogs. But, would Cesar Milan aka the Dog Whispered approve? Just kidding. I want to see pixs of these spoiled pooches. Mine weigh over 70lbs so it's not possible here.

Talking Puppy Pouch

Here is Mikey playing with his Teddy Bear, tearing it apart more or less He is 8 weeks old and weighs 4 lb. and 3 oz. Very energic for a while then all at once he is exhausted and wants me to hold him. I tried to send a pic earlier but for some reason it did not appear. I am trying again.

MIKEY
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2