Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
purchasing fonts to use with baby lock unity >

purchasing fonts to use with baby lock unity

purchasing fonts to use with baby lock unity

Old 07-30-2015, 06:59 PM

Default purchasing fonts to use with baby lock unity

Hello~ I was hoping someone here could help me. I want to purchase some embroidery fonts to use on my Babylock Unity machine. Does anyone know if I bring them into my machine on a USB if I can string the letters together to form words and manipulate them with what is already on my machine. Or do I need to purchase a software package to add on to do that. I can do this with the fonts and designs already loaded on the machine, I 'm just not sure if you can do it with purchased one. Thanks,AngelaZ
Old 07-30-2015, 07:56 PM

I hope someone has good advice as I'm wondering the same thing. I'm a Unity owner also and I'm wanting to know about embroidery designs too-which ones are most compatible with the Unity and which software program works best. Hope someone has the answers, thanks for posting!
Old 07-30-2015, 08:04 PM

Have you asked anyone at Embroidery Library? They are very helpful.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Off hand I would say that you usually purchase alphabets, not fonts. In other words, you get 26 separate files. There are software embroidery packages out there that will allow you to pull in Windows fonts (but not purchased alphabets) and create embroidery fonts for use in the software packages, but not on your machine. If you want to actually create the text in your machine, your best bet is talk to your Babylock dealer.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:00 AM

Babylock uses pes. files, so make sure your downloads or cd's are pes. format. Go online buy download designs.
Put in a files on computer to download on a flash drive. Then take to your sewing machine and download. Look up babylock on internet They have projects a few free designs to download. There are so many embroidery designs out there, but be careful some are good and so not. Buy from embroidery Library on line first, it on the lower side of cost.
Your best designs are higher but worth it.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:12 PM

You can use them on the machine, however it is much quicker as easier to do in software since it maps true type fonts you can type them in using you keyboard rather than bringing in each individual letter on you machine. So it just depends on how much lettering you intend to do. If you intend to do a lot of lettering in your embroidery I would suggest investing in a software embrilliance has alpha tricks that is awesome for a reasonable price. I love the base software by itself, but lettering is super easy on it but you need alpha tricks to map fonts to your keyboard
Old 07-31-2015, 02:54 PM

I called my dealer and he said I should be able to purchase embroidered alphabets and bring them in and move them around and depending on the designs link them together. If I can't make words, then I can use a combine function to do it. So , I took the plunge and purchased 4 alphabets, 1 monogram and numerous appliqué designs from "designs by Juju. I had already downloaded a couple of her Bible verses to add to my sister's chemo quilt, but I needed to add another one. The quality of these were amazing. She has a great sale going on at the moment. Dolphyngyrl thanks
for telling me about embrilliance. I will need to see how much I get into embroidering before I invest in software. I am enjoying it more than I thought!! PaperPrincess and Sherian thank you for your helpful responses.