Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Purple Fabric

Quote Originally Posted by quilter2
    Does anyone know of a fabric collection that has a lot of purple in it? I'm having a hard time finding something like that.
    How about this collection from Debbie Beaves?

http://www.bnpquilts.com/cgi-bin/Sto...d=1#forjr67541

Most of her stuff has purples in them. Best of luck to you. I love purple, too!

Karla in CO

I love the Hydrangeas and Raspberries and the Debbie Beaves fabric. I wanted to do the Hourglass like Eddie did with the Mill House Inn using layer cakes. I haven't been doing this very long and I have a hard time putting a lot of fabrics together and having it look right so I thought if I got layer cakes from a collection it would solve my problem. I have to use a pattern that is easy. Keep on making your suggestions. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quilter2
    I love the Hydrangeas and Raspberries and the Debbie Beaves fabric. I wanted to do the Hourglass like Eddie did with the Mill House Inn using layer cakes. I haven't been doing this very long and I have a hard time putting a lot of fabrics together and having it look right so I thought if I got layer cakes from a collection it would solve my problem. I have to use a pattern that is easy. Keep on making your suggestions. Thanks
    Working with collections has sure been a great help to this otherwise color challenged gal. Layer cakes, charm packs, jelly rolls and other pre-cuts have been a tremendous help to me. Also, you can always pick out a focus fabric that you really like, then use the color dots on the selvage edge to help you pick out coordinating fabrics.

I'm enjoying reading the others suggestions and am glad you started this thread.

Love this example so went to the site and found a beautiful lilic on black fabric thanks for the clickable URL. Stinker

My experience with Connecting Threads fabric (price is great) is their fabic ravels badly. I purchased a pillow case kit and it is raveling out on the bottom seam. Also bought a package of 2.5 inch strips and it also raveled badly. They say it is 100% cottom but I have never seen 100% cotton ravel like this does. Has anyone else had this experience. I completed a quilt top with the 2.5 inch strips but am reluctant to finish it for fear of the thing raveling after it has been completed and washed a couple of times. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, Stinker

Thousandsofbolts.com has tons of purple fabric! Some as little as 3.95 a yard. Hope this helps.

Bill's Girl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2