Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Purse Bottom

Blog Entries
    I buy sample lengths of the laminate wood flooring at Lowes that snaps in place. The discontinued laminate, the samples will be free. It gives a solid bottom with no added weight.

One layer of plastic Canvas is plenty, I have made lots of purses and the cancas is perfect

I use Foam Board and cover it with fabric. You can get it at Walmart by the poster board. It is about 1/4" thick and you can easily cut it to the size you need.

Quote Originally Posted by lynn7448
    What material do you recommend to use in the bottom of your purses or bags to provide the stiffness and support?
    I cover a piece of plastic canvas with fabric. It works brilliantly and is washable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deara
    I went to the picture framing department and bought the stiff foam board they use for framing pictures.
    I use a spare rotary cutter and mat to cut it.
    It gives just enough stiffness to the bottom of the purse.
    I make a sleeve for it so it can be removed when washing the purse.
    I bought mine at Hobby Lobby, the cost was 99 cents.
    Don't remember the size but I have made six Bow Tuck purses so far and still have enough for at least four or five more.

Blessings,
    Sandi
    I used ply wood DH cut to size for me. I made a pouch for it and placed the panel in the bottom so I can remove it when the bag needs washing. I don't make many bags but I needed something strong to hold everything I need for when I go on bus trips. It is a lot easier than taking a backpack all the time. I have put 4 outside pockets and 2 inside pockets so the bag can hold a lot of things in it.

I use foam core and wrap it with press 'n seal to protect it from water. I make a cover from lineing fabric and place it in the bottom of the bag.

Blog Entries
    I like Timtex, but the price of craft plastic sheets or dollar store placemats cannot be beat!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7