Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Purse Handles

I agree with cheryl222 and sally j. Sometimes I just buy cotton belt webbing, measure the length I want, sew it on the inside or into the top seam of the bag.
    ...the importance of one's life lies not in money or celebrity, but in doing the right thing, even in silence or secrecy, and without reward... Fergus M. Bordewich

I also use the method katier825 uses. You get great looking straps that are much nicer than those that have to be turned.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Quote Originally Posted by katier825 View Post
    You could cut pieces 4" wide, press in half, then open it up and press the raw edges towards the middle. That would give you 1" finished straps. If you wanted them padded, you could use batting or fusible fleece cut about 1/4" smaller than the fabric. Center the fleece on the fabric and continue as above. I usually stitch about 1/4" away from the edges using a walking foot (it helps a lot).
    That is my method of making bag handles also.

Blog Entries
    All of the suggestions given should work well for you. I have used most of them. It is important to use a padding of some type for strength. When stitching the edges, I use a fancy stitch which makes the handles quite pretty and professional looking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2