Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Putting a quilting label on the front of the quilt?

Putting a quilting label on the front of the quilt?

I'm making a red and black Mock Cathedral Window quilt for my fiance for Christmas.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gKvdrexKE4

I finally finished cutting out the fabric today. But a few of the red fabrics shrank a little more than others so sometimes instead of getting 5 pieces out of a quarter yard I got 4. So I ended up with 99 red pieces and 118 black pieces. I'm trying to think how I can lay this quilt out.

1. I could do 9 blocks across and 11 blocks down and it would perfectly fit every single red piece.

2. I could do 10 blocks across and 10 blocks down, which would leave an extra space. Instead of the extra space having a red "window" I could put in a quilting label. I wanted to have a quilting label anyways, but I'm wondering if its tacky to put a label on the front side of the quilt.

What do you think?
    I am my own worst quilting police...but sometimes I let myself off with just a warning.

I think the front side is fine. I don't usually do labels. I just hand embroider the information on the front side in the borders. So, I think front is good!

I think that is the perfect solution! Made with lots of love for a special person in your life.

I put all of my labels on the front bottom left corner. I spend a lot of time on labels, they match the quilt and people do read them, so why not. You're making the quilt so put the label in the best spot!
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

Blog Entries
    Yes, I say do it!
    Mavis