Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
QBOT Patterns  HELP! >

QBOT Patterns HELP!

QBOT Patterns HELP!

Old 09-13-2014, 09:49 AM

Default QBOT Patterns HELP!

I'm using QBOT on a MegaQuilter and am wondering if someone can tell me how to make a single quilt pattern into an edge to edge. As it is now I have a couple patterns that I have purchased online and once the pattern is done, the machine stops and I have to push "another" so it will keep going and do one more etc etc all the way across the quilt.
Any ideas are welcome.......HELP!

Cathy
Old 09-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

Do you have the PC 4D software too, or just the Qbot? I'm not sure that you can do a repeat within the Qbot itself, you would need to do it in the software and load the new ETE design into the Qbot. I could be wrong. however! There is a Yahoo group dedicated to Qbot. I would ask there.

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 09-13-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Gay

Which software do you have. I have 4D QBot and upgraded to 4Dquilt Designer. If you have one of these, when opening the program, select 'New Work Area', and put in the width and height of your quilt area. open or insert a single design and resize it to fit the height of the frame. (All parts must be inside, not touching the frame). Drag to the left or right end, your starting end, make sure your starting point -green is first to sew- and the last point - red - sews last. Select this design and copy and paste another (you will have to go to the center of the frame and drag it back to the first one) When the first point is close enough, this design should join to the first. Repeat. I can tell you more if you care to pm me.
Cheers
Old 09-14-2014, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
Which software do you have. I have 4D QBot and upgraded to 4Dquilt Designer. If you have one of these, when opening the program, select 'New Work Area', and put in the width and height of your quilt area. open or insert a single design and resize it to fit the height of the frame. (All parts must be inside, not touching the frame). Drag to the left or right end, your starting end, make sure your starting point -green is first to sew- and the last point - red - sews last. Select this design and copy and paste another (you will have to go to the center of the frame and drag it back to the first one) When the first point is close enough, this design should join to the first. Repeat. I can tell you more if you care to pm me.
Cheers
No all I have is the QBOT Verison 2.09. I will look into getting the 4D software. Sounds like it would be very helpful.Thank You!
Cathy
Old 09-14-2014, 04:06 PM

Gay, may I ask what machine you use?
Old 03-04-2015, 09:22 AM

Cathy, I know you can do "Another" and designs will sort of chain together. BUT, the start and end points of the design need to be on the same line. I hope that makes sense. Maybe by now you've gotten it figured out (hopefully). The design software program I use is Art & Stitch. It's really user friendly and the manufacturer's website has lots of great videos and a free trial/demo download. Good luck. Cheers, Eli