Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quality flannel

I've read a lot of the posts about quality flannel and since I want to make a rag quilt, I want to buy quality flannel. Where can I get it? Can someone share links or brand names so I can google?

Thanks! :)

I have definitely noticed a difference between Joann's flannel (not so great) and some I got at a LQS (much nicer).

I had bought a bolt of black flannel at a Millends Textiles store. Used a coupon for 40% off. It looked to be good quality. But I washed and dried it 3 times and it is still having fuzzys and alot of lint in the dryer. I make alot of quilts for fund raisers, but I don't want to use this on them now. Have a hard time finding good flannel.

When "visiting" the Quilt in a Day store in California last fall, I noticed that Eleanor Burns had a nice selection of flannels. I suspect they are good quality (but I didn't purchase any). Here's a link:
    http://quiltinaday.com/shoponline/fa...fabric=flannel

and a bunch more from a related site...these are just the "Sale" flannels...
    http://www.eleanorburns.com/shoponli...t=Sort+Fabrics

It's probably still a good idea to wash them before cutting/sewing.

Benartex, Moda, and Red Rooster are good name brands. There are others, but those come to mind at the moment.

The "quality" flannels will have a regular price of around $9-$10 per yard. You can find them on sale, though, for around $7. The ones I like are Riley Blake, Moda, and Michael Miller.