Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about appliques

Senior Member HomespunHandmaiden's Avatar
    I'm just wondering, if you were going to purchase an applique(s) for any of your projects, what appliques would it be? I'm thinking about selling them online (not selling them yet nor am I advertising here). I'm just trying to figure out what quilter are willing to buy, the current trends, etc. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by HomespunHandmaiden
    I'm just wondering, if you were going to purchase an applique(s) for any of your projects, what appliques would it be? I'm thinking about selling them online (not selling them yet nor am I advertising here). I'm just trying to figure out what quilter are willing to buy, the current trends, etc. Your thoughts?
    purchase an applique???? As in you cut them out and we buy them???

Nope!

Blog Entries
    that does not interest me, either.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    that does not interest me, either.
    Me neither.

Blog Entries
    Meh. Sorry. I prefer to make my own, that way I can get the perfect size and color.

Blog Entries
    I am sorry, but being a quilter on a very tight budget, I have to find free patterns/coloring pages and so forth for my applique patterns. Then you also have to consider the sizes and the fabrics, so many options. Thank you for asking the question and hopefully you will get the answer you are searching for.

sorry, but I also prefer to cut my own.

I purchased some appliques once and was very disappointed in the fabric quality. The business owner obviously wanted to keep her costs to a minimum, but that resulted in offering an inferior product. The business I am referring to is quite successful so my opinion is not the majority opinion.

I make my own appliques now.

There are a lot of sellers on ebay that do this, take a look over there and see what seems to be selling, that would give you some hints.

sorry, can not imagine- but then i can't imagine using pretty much any pre-cut's- seems so much more economical to cut my own- then i have the scraps too---(it's like going out to dinner for Thanksgiving- sure dinner was good- but then you get home and have no leftovers)
    and also when i cut them myself i am not depending on someone else getting the size right- and i know my fabric was pre-washed-not going to shrink-
    nope i don't think pre-cut appliques are all that (marketable)...appliquer's tend to be pretty (hands on people)