Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about Bailey's Home Quilter????

JLD

Question about Bailey's Home Quilter????

My hubby has found a Bailey's Home Quilter Sewing Machine with a GMQ Home Machine Quilting System Table on craigslist. It is only a year old and the person selling it is selling it for more than half price. I have never heard of this machine before and want to know if any one has experience, good and/or bad, with this brand. I don't want to invest in a machine that will cause me issues when I am learning. Any advice?

There is a group on Yahoo which would answer your questions. It is under Bailey. I have gone to the shop where they are made and they did impress me. They are well made and the service is great from what I understand.
    I don't have one yet, but I will consider it when the time comes.
    Good luck.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

I have heard good things about them. I belong to a yahoo group and they discuss them.
    Sewbeadit
    Montesano, Washington

Blog Entries
    i've been to the shop also. the bailey is a stretched janome.
    Nancy in western NY

I own one, if its half the price its worth it. the only thing I dont like about this machine is that it is slower than I like to sew. When doing free motion I like to move a little faster than this machine allows. It only does 700 stitches a minute. My domestic does more than that. Debbie the moderator of the yahoo group has put few videos on you tube. Contrary to what others may think it isn't a stretch machine, its a singer, not sure which one but I do remember reading on the yahoo group that its not stretched. The frame that you are getting with that machine often has issues with the track cracking and you have to order a new one from the grace company. If I had it to do over again I'd save my money and buy a better machine and frame.

JLD
    Thank you for your help. I think that is my concern. I had heard that it was related to singer some how and I have no luck with singer. - Not saying they are bad I just don't have good luck with them - I like you, would rather save my money and get one that will make me really happy then spend the money and want a different one.

Could you send me the link to this group please. I too have a Bailey's and have some questions.