Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: question about changing a pattern....

Question question about changing a pattern....

i have both the mini bow tuck and large bow tuck pattern. i want to take the mini pattern and shrink it down even further. if i were to say, for example, want to shrink it 2 inches, i would just take two inches off all the measurements right? am i looking at this right?

No thoughts on measurements but that mini bow tuck is already very small, are you sure you want to take that much off, you won't be able to fit anything in there! LOL. JMO
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

i've actually made several and the "mini" is actually a good size. i was thinking more along the lines for a little girl or something like that.

If it is for a little girl go ahead and do it. Let us know how it turns out. I'm not good at reducing so maybe someone else can weigh in on that part of it. Happy sewing!

My DIL is tiny, tiny and skinny and when I made hers the only adaptation I made was to make the handles longer and skinnier. She wears it over her shoulder. She says she wouldn't want it any smaller.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

I made a dressy one with decorator fabric and I cut it down about that much it turned out really cute.