Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Question about Connecting Threads free patterns

If the company or someone from the company asking you to upload your credit card, run as fast as you can. That to me sounds like a scam, don't ever upload a credit card unless, you want someone making charges to your card. My credit card company alerted me to that fact a month ago, (not from Connecting Thread Co) that someone had charged first $150.00 to my card and another $99.00 dollars a week later. Thank goodness I have insurance on my credit card, if anything's going on, they contact me. I didn't have to pay any of this. My credit card was cancelled and a new one issued. Good Luck!!!

I agree with the above. You should always be careful using your credit card online. However, that being said, I've never, ever had any problems with Connecting Threads. I order from them all the time and I know that they are legit. They are a wonderful company to deal with. I would call them and ask them to explain the, "free pattern" offer.

~ cindy

Blog Entries
    The pattern was free with the kit. Due to life happening, I didn't get to order the kit before it sold out. So that was my bad. CT weren't the ones asking for me to pay for the free pattern. It was another site that I'd Googled hoping to get the pattern elsewhere. I was hoping CT would post the pattern on their site. To date, that hasn't happened and yes, CT folks are probably at Quilt Market. Catmcclure (post #18) gave some directions that sound like they'll work. Sorry if I confused anyone. CT isn't at fault. I am for not ordering quickly.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't do ANY social media-the US government watching my emails is enough for me. I found that out by mistake- it was so weird that they were watching my email to my BFF on my brown bread recipe. You shouldn't have to give a CC# for a free download. Sounds fishy to me.

Connecting Threads has a free Attic Windows block you can download. I could not find the Cabin Windows block per the picture someone else posted link to. Connecting Threads is usually consumer friendly--just give them a call or email and ask.

I have the pattern and will be glad to send it to you if that's allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by quilt51 View Post
    I have the pattern and will be glad to send it to you if that's allowed.
    According to the quilt designers I know and do work for, it's allowed to trade, sell, or give away any pattern that you've bought, been given, or traded for - AS LONG AS you don't make and keep a copy for yourself.

Blog Entries
    Either email or call them! I never give my credit card out except for when paying for a purchase. Try Google it. I do that a lot and go to quilterscache.com

Looking at the pic, I think if you just make the first 3 pieces of a log cabin one block, then add the strips like regular log cabin only a little wider, it should come out like you want. Cute pattern. Did you check Quilters Cache, she has tons of patterns.
    Live everyday so that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says oh crap she's up.

Blog Entries
    I don't think the pattern in the free ebook is the same as the Connecting Thread pattern. There are a lot of different quilt patterns named Cabin Windows. I don't think it's worth the hassle of tying to get the free ebook on that site.
    Got fabric?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast