Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about D9P

Did you use sashing strips? Or border? My blocks are almost all done. Used all batiks. Think it's going to be nice when finished.

If you use sashing that will change the look of the block, but you may like that. It's really your decision. What ever you like. I like borders, so I would absolutely pput a border. Possibly a narrow border and a wider border. But the rule is "If you like it, it's good"!

Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    If you use sashing that will change the look of the block, but you may like that. It's really your decision. What ever you like. I like borders, so I would absolutely pput a border. Possibly a narrow border and a wider border. But the rule is "If you like it, it's good"!
    Thanks, Katie. You're right of course.

No I didn't sash. just sewed the blocks one to the next. Actually, I was making it for project Linus and the blocks were so fun and fast, I made extra blocks and didn't even border it. Just looked so cute with the binding.

Please post pix of yours!

Blog Entries
    I hadn't planned on sashing mine, but it was very bright, so I added sashing to calm it down. I'd like batiks unsashed.

I like the way the blocks make patterns when butted up to each other different ways. It's just fun to lay them out and try different patterns. Sashings would definitely eliminate the "drama" of it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene

Blog Entries
    I don't put sashing in D9P quilts...I like the look of the blocks in the traditional placement. I ALWAYS put a border on...usually I put a small flange of a very contrasting color, or a narrow inner border, then the outside border. It makes the top larger and also gives it a frame!

Someone on here posted a picture of the one they did using black, white and red fabric. She put it on point with white sashing and red corner stones. It was beautiful. I really liked it on point. I just can't remember who did it.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-42037-1.htm

example of one with sashing

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I didn't sash mine but I did add borders. I really like the blocks together but that's just me on this one! :D