Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about a Design Wall >

Question about a Design Wall

Question about a Design Wall

Old 05-26-2010, 05:35 PM

I have the foam insulation boards and have duct taped 1 and 1/2 together to make the board 6'x 8'. I also have one that I cut down and it is 6' x 6'. I don't put any fabric on mine because I use them to sandwich my quilts. It is so much easier than getting down on the floor or trying to reach over a wide table. I always have all four sides of my design boards full because I am usually working on one or two BOM's and if they are where I can see them I get right to work on the blocks when I receive them!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dagny
Originally Posted by Joeysnana
I need a design wall. What do you put the felt onto?
Go to Lowes, Home Depot, etc. and look in the insulation department for large (4' x 8') styrofoam insulation panels. You'll find several different types. You can use spray glue to attach the fabric to the panels. They are very light and can be easily attached to a wall. Because they are foam, you can also pin things to them.
Thanks for the info! That is what I'll do!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:21 PM

I actually made mine with fleece. HL had it on sale one day, and i had been thinking about making one since I now have a craft room, and so I played with the idea for weeks. Went to several stores to play with the fabric, and found a cream-colored fleece that held cotton fabric when held upright. This way I don't have to worry about pinning the blocks to the wall to see how they'll look.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:00 PM

I got 2 of the 4x8 ft. styrofoam boards. DH gluded them to the sheetrock. Then I found a off white like new flannel blanket that I had. It is great!!!!!. I was showing it to my sil and put about 4 pieces of fabric on the wall. This was about4 weeks ago and the fabric scrapes are still sticking on it !!!!! I already had the flannel blanket. so I did not buy any felt or warm and natural. Does purfect. I put newspaper over it before I use the 505 basting spray. This keeps the flannel , so dust will not stick on it after a while.

I got 2 of the 4x8 ft. styrofoam boards. DH gluded them to the sheetrock. Then I found a off white like new flannel blanket that I had. It is great!!!!!. I was showing it to my sil and put about 4 pieces of fabric on the wall. This was about4 weeks ago and the fabric scrapes are still sticking on it !!!!! I already had the flannel blanket. so I did not buy any felt or warm and natural. Does purfect. I put newspaper over it before I use the 505 basting spray. This keeps the flannel , so dust will not stick on it after a while.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter Marshall
TOO MANY POST!!!!!!!!!!! I GOOFED!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter Marshall
:lol: We got the message....and you're Avatar is also "Quilting Marshall"!! That is so cute.
BTW, I just returned from Hobby Lobby and did wind up getting W&N batting as I had the 40% coupon and it's 90" wide if you buy it off the bolt. I can't wait for DH to get it all together now, & I'm helping (mainly staying out of the way). After we get the batting attached with Spray Glue from Lowe's he's going to trim all around it & hang it on the wall.