Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about embroidery machine formats...

Blog Entries

Question about embroidery machine formats...

I have a Janome 350e embroidery machine & I would like to use it for embroidered quilt blocks. My problem is that many of the websites do not sell in the "jef" format. I have heard that this format is no longer popular and I should order the "pes" format. Has anyone tried that on the Janome 350e?

I normally download designs to a usb, but I'm afraid to try the different format. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has the Janome 350e & used the pes format instead of jef.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know if your machine will accept the other formats but there are several websites that offer free as well as for sale designs in the jef format.Here are 2 that I started getting free designs and I belong to DESIGNSBYSICK as a life time member and EMLIBARY is anougher great site.There is also a software that you can convert from any format,enlarge or decrease designs,buy lettering and several other designing possiabilities and I have owned mine for years and it is great.You can download a trial program to try before you buy.It is EMBIRD,just google embird and several sites will come up. I have 2 embroidery machines,1 is a Brother and the other is a Singer and they use a pes format and
    that is the only format that they will use .If I can assist withh anything else just pm me.Good Luck.
    Retta97

Embird is an excellent program to convert any format to any other format (about30 listed). It also lets you adjust the size. I never knew there were so many formats. I just started to learn to embroider an working with Embird. By any means I am not an expert.

Changing embroidery formats

I recently bought a Brother embroidery machine which uses PES format. I already had a Bernina which uses ART. I was told to download a program called Wilcom TrueSizer to convert the designs I had on hand. It probably doesn't do as many things as Embird but it is free and since I am not really that much into embroidery, it meets my needs. You might give it a look.

I use Pulse Ambassador to convert embroidery files. I downloaded it free.
    Life has given me so much more than scraps, but I make quilts anyway!
    http://www.wickedcool.etsy.com

I use Embird also. It has many more features than converting embroidery designs. It just depends on what you want to do in addition to changing formats. Check it out.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Blog Entries
    I also use EMBIRD I find most designers have the jef format available, there are some excellent tutorials for Embird

another free one is called "my editor." Change the size, the rotation, and the format.

I've had no problem at all getting the JEF format. What sites were you using?

I have a Snoopy PE-200 Brother embrodiery machine. Love it. Only problem is my area is only 4 x 4. I have some designs in jef but my design is pes, certainly the most used. I have the Wil-com and the pulse ambassador, but have not been smart enough to figure them out. Very frustrating. I have to use a ped-basic machine to convert from my computer to my machine. It uses a "card" to fit each machine.
    Last edited by Patched; 03-10-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast