Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about labelling

I'm just wondering if anyone uses a Micron/permanent/archival pen to write info about the quilt directly onto a place on the backing of the quilt, if the fabric is light enough for it to show? I'm thinking of doing this on one I made for myself, just to have it labelled.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've heard of some people doing it that way because then there would be no label that could be removed. If it's on the backing, people will leave it on.

if i don't use the computer to print a label i ALWAYS USE MICRON PIGMA PENS. they are made for this! they are acid free- archival quality- will not bleed or fade- made for writting on textiles.
    and yes= i have on occassion written right on the quilt back for a label- i have also written an extensive label right with the quilting- so the label is across the top of the quilt...

Blog Entries
    yes, i have written directly on the quilt... as has been said, the label cannot be removed that way

* sigh*
    one more thing I need to put on my shopping list...
    Micron marker

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I do sometimes. On the one T-shirt quilt I made for a customer I wrote directly on it.
    And when I forget to put a label on them, I just write on it.

I use ZigWriters from the scrapbook department to write directly on the back of all my wall hangings. I usually use a print on the back of bed quilts so I make separate labels for them.

ZigWriters are also archival, acid-free, and don't bleed but they have a tip more like a Sharpie and are easier to use on fabric.

Blog Entries
    I have done this often. Sometimes I use a colored pen to make a decorative border around the writing. You can even do a little embroidery around it too :D:D:D