Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about Sharon Schamber's method for basting a quilt

Quote Originally Posted by haylillan View Post
    check out " thread basting my quilt sandwich for FMQ " by azwendyg here on the board
    The link and pictures were helpful. Definitely the Sharon Schamber method...and she definitely needed a couple of tables to make it work.

I don't even have a room big enough for that, let alone the tables (which could be purchased more easily than the room LOL).

Thanks for your post.
    marcia

To be a good sewer, you have to be a good ripper.

Blog Entries
    The tables that fold in the middle are easy to store and move. They are inexpensive too for the value. I like the ones at Lowes. They are a better quality table if you use plan on using them a lot and won't vibrate if used for a sewing table.
    Got fabric?

My DD and I use Sharon Shamber's method for all of our quilts. We use folding plastic tables. Mine were purchased at Costco but I think I have also seen similar tables at Walmart. For larger quilts we use two 30" x70" tables (when the tables are folded out) and for smaller quilts two plastic tables 24"x48" butted up to each other. We do not thread and needle baste, we use quilter's safety pins or Pinmoors. The boards we use are 8 feet long. But 10 or 12 foot boards can be purchased. With two people pinning the process goes quickly.

Sweet Caroline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2