Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question about using folding table

I've been watching you-tube featuring a suitcase style folding table for quilting/sewing. Does anyone know if the table is sturdy while sewing or does it bounce? I'm thinking about making one and want to get as much info as possible. Thank you for your help.

Blog Entries
    I have a Sewezi table that folds to take to classes, and it's great. I use it at home too, for my second machine and no, I don't find it bounces at all - its very sturdy.

I also have the sew ezi table and Love It!!!

Thank you for your quick reply. The table as seen on you-tube is just a Sam's club or Walmart purchase, not the Sewezi. I've got a large quilt coming up and need extra surface space the least expensive way.

I used a table from Sams before I got my sewing table and it worked just fine for me. I loved all the extra space for draping my quilt.

I picked up my sewing table at Joanne's. Sign up for the online coupons. I purchased mine at a 40% savings, which comes out to $69.00 for a $139.00 table. This table folds into threes, gives me plenty of room for my quilting.When I'm not putting the three layers together, I let one side down, leaving me plenty of room for my sewing. (It doesn't wobble either.)

My main table for cutting and ironing is one of these foldable tables (from Home Depot). Works great, I found it really helped to put it on bed risers ( plastic cups about 8-10 inches tall), the height makes it much better on my back and neck.