Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Question on Bernina 730E Bobbin Sensor

  1. #1
    Super Member nursie76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Central PA
    Posts
    5,628
    Those of you that have a Bernina 730, I was just sewing along and my bobbin ran out of thread. No warning, just ran out. I thought I understood that it was supposed to stop and give a warning on the screen. Now maybe I missed the beep and warning, but if I press the control foot down, will it then continue to sew? Not a big deal, but it was one feature that I was really excited about.

  2. #2
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,673
    Is your machine new? Or maybe this is the 1st time you've let the bobbin run out all the way?? If it didn't beep, it's possible that this feature was "turned off." I turned off the darn thing on my 200... :oops:

  3. #3
    Super Member nursie76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Central PA
    Posts
    5,628
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Is your machine new? Or maybe this is the 1st time you've let the bobbin run out all the way?? If it didn't beep, it's possible that this feature was "turned off." I turned off the darn thing on my 200... :oops:
    Yes, my machine is new, and it is the first time I have let the bobbin run out. I can't figure how to check if it is turned on or not. I thought it would be under messages and tones or something like that on set up, but bobbin is not mentioned and only think I can find that is close is lower thread, but the tone is turned on (at least there is a check mark beside it. Guess I will have to call the dealer tomorrow.

  4. #4
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,673
    Well, congrats on your new machine!!! Yep, I'd probably call my dealer just to make sure nothing is wrong with it.... :D

  5. #5
    Super Member nursie76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Central PA
    Posts
    5,628
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Well, congrats on your new machine!!! Yep, I'd probably call my dealer just to make sure nothing is wrong with it.... :D
    Thanks! Her name is Sadie and I am loving her! :-)

  6. #6
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,486
    You should have a manual with your machine. Go to the back of it and look under bobbin. It would be in the manual.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Prosper, Texas
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Is your machine new? Or maybe this is the 1st time you've let the bobbin run out all the way?? If it didn't beep, it's possible that this feature was "turned off." I turned off the darn thing on my 200... :oops:
    I think this is very possible. I will say that I own a 640 though and sometimes it alerts after I run out sometimes before and sometimes not at all. :roll: I've never figured it out so I just figure its part of my Bea's "personality" Other than a few little personality quirks I love my Bea and she loves me.

  8. #8
    Super Member nursie76's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Central PA
    Posts
    5,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    You should have a manual with your machine. Go to the back of it and look under bobbin. It would be in the manual.
    Thanks, I have looked. I have decided that the function IS on and that it is not functioning correctly. I tried putting an empty bobbin in it and it stitched merrily along...will definitely call the dealer tomorrow.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Prosper, Texas
    Posts
    155
    Have you had a chance to try out the embroidery module yet? My machines bobbin sensor is extra sensitive(alerting when it is no where near empty) in the embroidery mode so I turn it off in that mode.

    I'd really be interested in hearing what the dealer has to say about it. Please let us know. I hope they are able to help with a simple fix or are able to make it right.

  10. #10
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,486
    Quote Originally Posted by nursie76
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    You should have a manual with your machine. Go to the back of it and look under bobbin. It would be in the manual.
    Thanks, I have looked. I have decided that the function IS on and that it is not functioning correctly. I tried putting an empty bobbin in it and it stitched merrily along...will definitely call the dealer tomorrow.
    Oh, o.k. Yes, if it's stitching away on an empty bobbin, there may be an issue. Have you cleaned out the bobbin area fully? Sometimes a piece of lint, thread etc. may be caught in or around the sensor. I'd do a thorough cleaning of the bobbin case area and see if that does the trick.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.