Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Question...I may have hit the jackpot

I have the opportunity to go look at 3 full rooms of quilting supplies. The gentleman's wife and mother were both quilters before passing away and he is "GIVING EVERYTHING TO ME FREE!!". I know cotton is always good, but what other fabrics are good for quilting. He told me I could take as much as I wanted before he dontated the reminder to goodwill or salvation army...I am so exicted!! He said there was enough stuff to take up 2 cars!! So my sisters and I are taking both vehicles and going to load up!!

Blog Entries
    Take it all, and then sell what you don't want. After you cover expenses of selling, donate the profit to a charity of his choice...

Sounds like you've hit the jackpot! :)

Blog Entries
    Whoa! I would probably take poly cotton blends also, if you can tell which they are.

Be careful to not burden yourself with stuff you'll never use, just because it is there -- no one needs more guilt than they already carry!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    OMG that's so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARe you in the car yet??? LOL
    Be sure to show us all the loot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe as a favor to him, you could find a group that makes charity quilts and bring the remainder of the fabric that you don't want directly to the group. He would probably be happy to know that the remainder of the fabric/supplies went to help soldiers or children and the fact that he didn't need to take it anywhere.

Blog Entries
    I would take the better quality cottons and let the rest be donated. That is a lot of fabric to store just because it's free.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
    Maybe as a favor to him, you could find a group that makes charity quilts and bring the remainder of the fabric that you don't want directly to the group. He would probably be happy to know that the remainder of the fabric/supplies went to help soldiers or children and the fact that he didn't need to take it anywhere.
    I agree, if you dont take it all find somewhere that their fabric will be put to good use- charities; linus group, newborns in need, quilts for soldiers and the like, Just think, they will be smiling down from heaven..

Jackpot indeed!

Blog Entries
    Wow, what a blessing :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Would he enjoy having a quilt made from some of it, in memory of his wife and mother? I think I'd do that as a "thank you".

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast