Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for moms and grandmoms of little girls >

Question for moms and grandmoms of little girls

Question for moms and grandmoms of little girls

Old 03-27-2016, 04:36 PM

I always tell others that I'm too critical of my work and don't want the pressure of making something for someone else. I've only made a small childs quilt for a doll for someone else that had requested it. Otherwise, if I make something for someone, it's as a gift and usually totally unexpected.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by NatalieF View Post
Maybe I'm being mean, but I would say that I would do it but there will be a fee of $XX for your labor. (people who are presumptuous like that and dump work on your lap with out asking is a pet peeve of mine). Yes it;s a compliment, but your time is worth something. If you had offered to make it, that would be a different story. I'm eagerly awaiting to see how others would handle it.
I agree with Natalie. Nip it in the bud before you have the entire staff becoming presumptive on your kindness. This might seem unkind to some but people don't actually know what it takes to create. I wonder what MK would do? Just saying . . .
Old 04-04-2016, 03:53 PM

I agree with peckish, sometimes we need to cut the umbilical cord, i tell this to my kids about my grandkids all the time, i have a 3 yr old granddaughter, and she loves me to make bags for her, she likes the long handles so she can throw it over her shoulder and thats what i make her, but adjustable, she has backpacks that have longer handles for school and never has had a problem. Also, my kids knew better than to volunteer me to make stuff. because i wouldnt do it, i had several people take advantage of my kindness and it will not happen again, just my opinion. good luck whatever u do