Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Question - Oliso Iron Choice

I am needing to buy a new iron. My Rowenta leaked a lot so I think I am thinking about getting an Oliso Smart Iron - 1600 watts. Is that going to be hot enough? The more expensive model is 1800 watts. Would it be worth the extra money to get the better iron?

Blog Entries
    The main thing I would be interested in is the shut off time. I think the 1800 watt has a 30 minute turn off cycle while the other models have 8 minute cycles.

Blog Entries
    my dealer recommended the 1800 watt. price was thre same. love it.

I have an Oliso top of the line, I love it. It automaticly moves up when not in use and it stays hot longer than any other iron I have used. I have not had a problem with water leaking. I do a lot of piecing and I hate it when the iron turns off too soon. So far mine has worked fine.

Blog Entries
    I finally HAD it with my leaking Rowenta and bought a Reliable iron:

http://www.amazon.com/Velocity-V50-C...9218511&sr=1-2

I have had it over a month and, so far so good. It uses a lot of water but it steams like no tomorrow! It automatically shuts off after 8 mins. of unuse but you can bypass it. It is wonderful for pressing fabric but it's a blessing for ironing my husband's work clothes.

I love my olisio. I have the 1600 bc the higher one was not available. The 8 min shutoff is not to bad since it stays hot it just takes a minute to heat back up.