Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: question in regards to where does one get "moda"

Blog Entries
    I have been to quite a few fabric stores looking for "moda" material and in each one, I was told.."never heard of that before"..Other than ordering online where can I find that material?

Blog Entries
    I was wondering the same. I have a LQS that sells it but I am looking for a good on line shop.

Blog Entries
    Do you have any nice quilt shops in your area? They should carry Moda. I can't believe the others never heard of it. It is also readily available online. Is there a reason you don't want to purchase it online? You can find some great prices if you shop around.

Blog Entries
    Has anyone here bought from this place? If so would you recommend it? http://www.missouriquiltco.com/deal-a-day/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I was wondering the same. I have a LQS that sells it but I am looking for a good on line shop.
    There are many good online shops. I think that Green Fairy Quilts sells only Moda (unless she's changed recently). Great service and reasonable. http://www.greenfairyquilts.com/

If you are looking for a particular line of Moda, do a search on Quiltshops website. http://www.quiltshops.com/

If you go to Advanced search and "show thumbnails" it's quick to find what you are looking for and check out the prices various shops have it for and what their shipping charges are. I've shopped many of the places with good luck.

When I try out a shop for the first time, I often will email a couple of questions to see how quickly they respond. Usually I hear back quickly, and am willing to order from them. If I don't hear back or it takes days, I don't usually do business there.

I've used Missouri Star Quilt Company and been happy. Got what I ordered in the correct amounts, as described and quickly.

hmmm... I would really wonder about a fabric shop owner who has never heard of Moda...

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    http://www.unitednotions.com/un_main.nsf/wheretobuy

You can find local stores here that sell Moda if there are any in your area :)

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    marymaxim.com has a few of the lines and good prices 4.99 per yard

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    hmmm... I would really wonder about a fabric shop owner who has never heard of Moda...
    That was my first thought exactly!

I would second the advice about www.quiltshops.com. All you would have to do is type the name of the moda collection you were looking for into the search bar and it will give you any number of online stores which carry that particular fabric.

Two of my favourites are Over the Rainbow and Dakota Cabin Quilts. Hancocks of Paducah carry many Moda lines as well.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast