Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
question on scissors >

question on scissors

question on scissors

Old 02-07-2015, 04:37 AM

Default question on scissors

I have arthritis...does anyone have some info on a good comfortable pair of scissors
Old 02-07-2015, 04:45 AM
Power Poster

I seldom use scissors anymore due to my arthritis but bought the softer rotary cutter that Clover has with the handle being softer.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:06 AM
dd

My arthritis isn't bad but I like the Fiskars that spring back open. I used to work for a lady who used electric scissors. I never tried them.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:38 AM

I have the Fiskars that spring open. They work well. I have the electric scissors, too, but haven't used them in years. From memory, I think the vibrations of the scissors may hurt while using them. So if you want to check them out, be sure to try them first.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:40 AM

I use a rotary cutter for fabric, but I have a pair of small Fiskars spring-loaded scissors that I use for trimming, snipping, etc. I have rheumatoid arthritis with nodes on my fingers. The bumps make it difficult to get my fingers out of the handles of regular scissors.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

I rarely use scissors anymore. I rip large pieces of fabric and trim with rotary cutter. I use squeeze snips for clipping threads. I have lots of pairs of scissors and they look pretty in a big basket. My favorite are the very big batting scissors. They have very big handles and will cut batting or fabric easy.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:42 AM

Lightweight Ginghers might work for you.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:17 AM

I have arthritis in my hands too and I found a new rotary cutter online and have been using it over a year now and it is the most comfortable ive ever found. its made by singer and its pink I bought it cause it was cute and looked comfy, I didn't dream how comfy. ive even bought a spare and got one for my niece as well. anyway they make scissors as well with the same grip covering although I don't have any yet im just not a big scissor user either except for cutting thread and I have tons already. I do have 2 lg pairs that I use once in awhile both are ginghers 1 lightweight and 1 heavy. just thought it was worth mentioning joanns has them and so does hobby lobby I even think I saw a couple pairs at walmart.
Carla m
Old 02-09-2015, 06:09 AM

I have arthritis and I'm left handed, so I'm always looking for comfortable scissors. I finally found ones that I really like: Perfect Scissors by Karen Kay Buckley. I found them at Connecting Threads, http://www.connectingthreads.com/too...tScissors.html. They have tiny, serrated edges on the blades. I have both, the green and the purple ones and they've been holding up beautifully. Gawd help the person in my household that tries to steal them.