Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: question

  1. #1
    Super Member Juliebelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,152
    I am making a flannel quilt and instead of ragging the edges I am considering pinking them. What you all think would it work or am I asking for problems thanks

  2. #2
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Super Member Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville NC
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    17
    I don't know but will watch to see what others say :) Good question.

  3. #3
    Super Member wolph33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    9,513
    should be fine-but pinking will stop the fraying it will only fray on the little points

  4. #4
    Senior Member laureneberhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Seneca, Illinois
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by wolph33
    should be fine-but pinking will stop the fraying it will only fray on the little points
    Take a scrap piece and clip it both ways and see which one you like.

  5. #5
    Senior Member pdcakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    936
    not sure, but think the pinking will stop most of the ragging. just depends on what look you are going for. as laurenenberhard says, try samples.

    love, love your avatar. did you get that online someplace?

  6. #6
    Super Member AliKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,643
    If you use the ragging scissors - Fiskars has some quilt snips that does this very well - it will be easier and quicker to make.

    Even with my arthritis I love making flannel quilts and those quilt snips are easy for me to use.

    ali

  7. #7
    Junior Member gingerella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliebelle
    I am making a flannel quilt and instead of ragging the edges I am considering pinking them. What you all think would it work or am I asking for problems thanks
    cut a piece and finish a side both ways. Wash it - really swish it around in some water, and then take a look at the edges after its dry and decide- that's what I've done in past.

  8. #8
    Super Member Juliebelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,152
    Quote Originally Posted by pdcakm
    not sure, but think the pinking will stop most of the ragging. just depends on what look you are going for. as laurenenberhard says, try samples.

    love, love your avatar. did you get that online someplace?
    I did a search for free animated avatars I do not remember the name of the site but there are lots out there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.