Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question - a true quilter? >

Question - a true quilter?

Question - a true quilter?

Old 03-18-2016, 03:54 AM

I don't buy rulers and some other things that I really don't need, but I have a couple of photo boxes filled with extra notions and rotary blades and I did have second rotary cutters until I gave them to DD. I'm always needing more notions and I prefer leather thimbles and they tend to stretch out after a big project, so I buy a few when notions are on sale and then I can get a fresh one for the next big project.

It's not silly or foolish or wasteful to have a lot of notions on hand. It's good planning.

Cathyre, I like your designing style. I wish Hubby would listen to me. I want to move our bedroom to what I'm using for a sewing room and move the sewing room to our bedroom. We only need enough room for our bed, nightstands and maybe a dresser in a bedroom, so we should move. I need a lot of room for a sewing room and our bedroom is so much bigger. He refuses. I don't get it. It's really silly.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by cathyre View Post
You sound like a true Quilter to me , I know I planned my new kitchen around a very large breakfast bar
that had to be able to take a K/S quilt so when I basted it, I don't have to get down on my knees any more
the kitchen designer thought I had lost it , he couldn't understand someone planning a kitchen around sewing .
Silly man ........

see..now if that designer was a woman, she would have just nodded and smiled!
Old 03-18-2016, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bree123 View Post
Have you seen anyone about the possibility you may be an OCQ (Obsessive-Compulsive Quilter)? It sounds like a very serious problem and the only thing I could think to recommend is ... more quilting!!! (or more cow bell, one of the two)
Another name for OCQ could be Serial Quilter. I have a tee-shirt that says that. It is perfect for me. Let me see if I can find a picture. It is worth a chuckle.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001437.jpg  
Old 03-18-2016, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyB View Post
OCQ -- I finally have a name for my condition!

Hmm, maybe there will be a new tv series about this condition next year.....
Old 03-18-2016, 05:10 AM

Love that t-shirt...must find one or create one!
Old 03-18-2016, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Love that t-shirt...must find one or create one!
I got mine from Cafepress.com several years ago. Looks like it is still there....

Dina

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/9819800/...uctId=91663783
Old 03-18-2016, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch's Gram View Post
I don't buy rulers and some other things that I really don't need, but I have a couple of photo boxes filled with extra notions and rotary blades and I did have second rotary cutters until I gave them to DD. I'm always needing more notions and I prefer leather thimbles and they tend to stretch out after a big project, so I buy a few when notions are on sale and then I can get a fresh one for the next big project.

It's not silly or foolish or wasteful to have a lot of notions on hand. It's good planning.

Cathyre, I like your designing style. I wish Hubby would listen to me. I want to move our bedroom to what I'm using for a sewing room and move the sewing room to our bedroom. We only need enough room for our bed, nightstands and maybe a dresser in a bedroom, so we should move. I need a lot of room for a sewing room and our bedroom is so much bigger. He refuses. I don't get it. It's really silly.
I FINALLY talked my DH into doing this, but first he's putting ceramic tile in both bedrooms, it's taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R. I'll be able to call it a Studio now even tho it's only a few more feet of space, lol
Old 03-18-2016, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

I am much more careful with what I purchase. I dislike rulers that can only make one type of quilt with it. I find I am liking just simply sewing with strips now a days.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:34 AM

I think that you are at the right site, OCQ is a common condition around here. I am pretty sure I have it!!!
Old 03-19-2016, 04:58 AM

I love rhetorical questions. So easy to answer.