Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Questions about the BABYLOCK ELLAGEO ESg Embroidery Machine >

Questions about the BABYLOCK ELLAGEO ESg Embroidery Machine

Questions about the BABYLOCK ELLAGEO ESg Embroidery Machine

Old 03-19-2011, 04:20 PM

There is an ad on Craigslist for one of these. Does anyone on here have one and how do you like it? Here is the description of the machine. What do you think? I have been considerin a Brother PE770. The price being asked for this Babylock is 1150.00

""Gently used Babylock Ellageo ESg upgraded to Version 3.04 software. Originally purchased from Carolina Sew and Vac In Raleigh, and well maintained. Has basically been used for sewing and quilting with some embroidery. Comes with all original hoops and plastic placement guides, of which only one hoop has been used. The embroidery it does is beautiful! Also included are the original feet: buttonhole foot, embroidery foot, overcasting foot, monogramming foot, zipper foot, zigzag foot, blindstitch foot, button fitting foot, walking foot. Needles, bobbins, knee lift, instructions, seam ripper, etc, are also included; basically everything that originally came with the machine.
As this machine uses floppy discs, I am also including a Dynex USB External Floppy Disc Drive that can be used to connect to your computer and download embroidery patterns from the internet, or from purchased CDs. I have purchased designs from ebay and have those already on floppy discs that will be accompanying the machine. They are boxed together in a plastic container holding all 40 discs. I also have 2 additional boxes of 40 unused discs each that are included.
Please note that the accessory box shown in the first picture slides onto the machine to provide a larger work surface, and that the picture on the left showing the embroidery arm and hoops/placement guides is turned 90 degrees. ""
Old 03-19-2011, 06:31 PM

I'd say go to a dealer and price one, it sounds reasonable, but make sure to test drive it first
Old 03-19-2011, 06:57 PM

I have the Ellageo. If all the embroidery hoops are with it and the machine, as well as the emboridery module works it would be a good deal. I too would suggest being able to try it out.. and also check with your local dealers as they may have one for a similar price. Theirs would include a test run as well as being serviced by them prior to sale.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:20 PM

I have one of these also and I love it. The only problem I'm having is finding information and directions to oil it. I bought the service manual but there's no information on oiling the machine. If anyone has information or knows where to get it I would love it.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:29 PM

My sister has bought all her machines from Carolina Sew & Vac- they are a good reliable dealer if the owner kept the machine maintained they should be able to assess it for you. **Emilymis39-I could be wrong, but I have 2 computerized Babylocks & Ellageo is also. It is my understanding computerized sewing machines do not get oiled.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:08 AM

I had the Ellageo before trading up for the Ellegante. It was a great machine but I was thinking the price was a bit high till I read what all is included. This machine was introduced back in the early 2000's so depending on how many used stitches it has on it and how well maintained it was, it might be a good deal with all those extras. I upgraded because I wanted a larger hoop size. If you think you might enjoy embroidery you might look at machines with larger hoops 1st.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

DSM are like cars, you really need to go out and test drive them to see which one works best for you.
Old 05-16-2015, 12:18 PM

My Pacesetter ULT's use floppy disks and I like that as much as a re-writable card (which you can choose instead with PED Basic software).. Re oiling..no. Oil can break down the nylon parts in the machine. It is greased at the factory and supposed to last. My service dealer sometimes just wipes his finger with a bit of oil on it, underneath the bobbin case (when it is removed, of course.)
Old 05-16-2015, 05:21 PM

I'm under the impression the babylocks get oiled when serviced once a year. Even though it's electronic there are still moving parts like all the old machines. I think I need to talk to someone who works on them for that 1 yr. service. A friend of mine just had hers serviced and it cost her $400.00. It's only 1 yr. old and nothing wrong with it. That seems quite expensive for service.
Thanks for your input.