Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Questions about EPP >

Questions about EPP

Questions about EPP

Old 01-30-2015, 01:59 PM

Default Questions about EPP

Hi, About 12 years ago I EPP'd a couple of hundred 6 point diamonds. At that time I did not know that the points were supposed to stick out. I neatly folded them inside the point. Will that cause me future problems? Can I leave them folded that way and then proceed with additional ones with the point sticking out?

Also I need to know how flat the diamonds or hexagons are supposed to be. Should they be ironed as flat and as tight to the paper as possible? Or should they be a little less tight? I do not know when I will make a rosette. Right now I am just in the beginning stage of gathering fabric from the stash and making the diamonds and then will proceed to hexagons.

Thank you for your help.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:15 PM
Power Poster

I would assume that it is better to keep them unfold. Paper is the support of the block until it is stitched together. If you are not using glue, I think you can press them. You want your quilt to be flat when you start quilting it.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:23 PM

I had to fold the points in when I made some snowflakes to applique, and they were fine. You can see the little diamonds between the hexagons, in the picture. It was harder to do that way, but it was the only way if I wanted to applique them. I think you'll be fine.

You want the fabric tight around the paper -- that's what gives it it's crisp shape.
Attached Thumbnails snowflake-6.jpg