Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick, Easy, Yet Stunning??

Quick, Easy, Yet Stunning??

Howdy y'all :c)

WHEW!!! The past couple of months have been overwhelming! Since Thanksgiving, my daughter (19 years old and autistic) had to have major surgery, I bought AND wrapped all of the Christmas presents, went to three Christmas dinners, plus made it though four (FOUR!!) birthdays, with two more to go in the next week! Oh.....and I also made a quilt for my nephew!

Here's my problem.....I'm still trying to finish up a quilt I started for my niece for her birthday (which was October 23). I have a quilt in mind I'm going to make for my oldest sister for her birthday in March, and I think it will go together fairly quickly. The problem is, my other sister's birthday is in June. I want to make a quilt for her as well, but I'm obviously pressed for time. Do any of you have any suggestions for a quilt that will go together fast, that's fairly easy, but doesn't look like it's quick and easy? I don't want her to feel like I've just thrown something together, even though that's pretty much what I'll probably have to do. Any and all help would be very much appreciated! :c)

Donna
    DonnaFreak

"Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps."

I like the disappearing 9-patch.

I have found that Debbie Maddy's designs go together fast and easy but are quite stunning.

Power Poster
    I think the Shadowbox pattern makes a stunning quilt. I saw one done with all different batiks in the large squares and black as the shadows. It had an off white sashing? It looked like a great way to use all different colours in a quilt. I believe it was Wolph33 that did a Forest Brick quilt in batiks/ black that made a stunning quilt also.
    Last edited by Tartan; 01-07-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Ditto Tartan! The one I made made quit an impression at a baby shower! They thought I'd spent weeks at it but really I pieced it in one sitting.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Blog Entries
    Ten minute block
    Finished is better than a UFO

This one is very easy....if I can do it anyone can

Braid quilt for a man
    Vicki W

Ditto on the disappearing nine patch. If you pay attention to the corner blocks and pick a large print (even fussy cut it), the result is nothing short of amazing. Draw a nine patch (5 - 6" squares) out on butcher paper, colouring in the squares and then cut and reassemble to get the uncut squares heading in the right direction. I've seen one done with pictures that was really fascinating.

I agree with the others....the D9P is an easy one that looks complicated.
    I also like the BQ, BQ2 & BQ3 patterns from Maple Island Quilts.

http://www.mapleislandquilts.com/quiltpatterns.asp

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...HMeP0QGC7YCIAw

How about the Double Slice on Missouri Quit Co? It's quick and easy and looks fantastic.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast