Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quick gifts-Quilted Mug Organizer

Does anyone have a pattern for a quilted mug organizer? Or other suggestions for a good, easy, quick little project that I could give to members of my quilting group? The last two Christmas I have showed up with bought gifts and I am bound and determined to get an early start so I am ready this next Christmas!

Blog Entries
    lots of cool ideas, will see if I can find some links for you

here is a link that I have created in my pages for links for mug rugs and has tutorials and pictures for ideas

http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_page.jsp?upnum=1692

Here's the Mug Bucket Organizer pattern - it's like the big 5-gal bucket organizers you find at Home Depot - in miniature - very cute! :)

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...ket+pattern.do

And it looks like you can order the pdf version here:
    http://www.bucketsgonewild.com/Mug_Bucket.html

Actually, I made some of those as gifts this past Christmas. Simplicity has a pattern, #2450. Very easy, versatile (ANY fabric patterns will be great), and fun to make and give.

Laura H.

Quote Originally Posted by nnewman
    Does anyone have a pattern for a quilted mug organizer? Or other suggestions for a good, easy, quick little project that I could give to members of my quilting group? The last two Christmas I have showed up with bought gifts and I am bound and determined to get an early start so I am ready this next Christmas!
    Actually, I made some of those as gifts this past Christmas. Simplicity has a pattern, #2450. Very easy, versatile (ANY fabric patterns will be great), and fun to make and give.

Laura H.

I made them with the Simplicity pattern also. I included a mug and matching mug rug, so they could choose to use the mug as an organizer or for coffee/tea.

It was a nice set!

Thanks! I found the Simplicity pattern on eBay for about $5, including postage. :)