Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick yet impressive looking quilt pattern?

Quick yet impressive looking quilt pattern?

My sister and my niece both announced that they are getting married in October. I have to whip up 2 quilts asap!

Does anyone have a suggestion on a quick but impressive looking quilt? I'd like them to be full sized, no bigger than queen...

I hope someone has a suggestion or two. I'm currently going through all my books and patterns on my computer to see if there is something there. My sister picked out a 2 yard piece of really pretty Hawaiian print fabric to use as focal fabric for hers. My niece is flexible except for pink or purple lol. I can work around that

KLO
    Blog Entries
    I have the Warm Wishes pattern on my list of quilts to eventually make. Would that work for you? Good luck with having to make not one but two quilts by October. Yikes!

I like this one. Very easy.

http://www.maryquilts.com/half-log-cabin/
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I just started on a disappearing 9 patch this morning and got a great deal done in just an hour. That is a thought.

Blog Entries
    When I need a quick quilt, I always go with Disappearing Nine Patch.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums16937.html
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    I like this one. Very easy.

http://www.maryquilts.com/half-log-cabin/

Debra - that's brilliant! I had totally forgotten about the half log cabin. I'm going to start on that one for my sister this afternoon... and looking deeper in to that site, I found the forest bricks, which will be absolutely perfect for my niece! Thanks so much! I am totally good to go

KLO, donac & Ranger thanks for the ideas. I'm not a fan of the d9p. I did start on a triple disappearing 9 patch that I liked better. That could be a possibility as well but I think I'm going to go for the half log cabins. I can use up a bunch of fabrics that I have on hand for that and the forest bricks. It will be good stash busting for me as well.

I'm so stoked. I'm going to pull out fabrics now and after I get back from having lunch with my son at school (birthday boy) I'm going to get cutting

Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
    My sister and my niece both announced that they are getting married in October. I have to whip up 2 quilts asap!

Does anyone have a suggestion on a quick but impressive looking quilt? I'd like them to be full sized, no bigger than queen...

I hope someone has a suggestion or two. I'm currently going through all my books and patterns on my computer to see if there is something there. My sister picked out a 2 yard piece of really pretty Hawaiian print fabric to use as focal fabric for hers. My niece is flexible except for pink or purple lol. I can work around that

Once again, I second the WARM WISHES suggestion. Pick one big print to frame and a second co-ordinating slightly smaller print. Pick two main colors for the frames and use a more neutral color for the center bar. The frames can be very small prints if you like.

Looks impressive but it easy and fast since the pieces are good sized.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
    Debra - that's brilliant! I had totally forgotten about the half log cabin. I'm going to start on that one for my sister this afternoon... and looking deeper in to that site, I found the forest bricks, which will be absolutely perfect for my niece! Thanks so much! I am totally good to go

KLO, donac & Ranger thanks for the ideas. I'm not a fan of the d9p. I did start on a triple disappearing 9 patch that I liked better. That could be a possibility as well but I think I'm going to go for the half log cabins. I can use up a bunch of fabrics that I have on hand for that and the forest bricks. It will be good stash busting for me as well.

I'm so stoked. I'm going to pull out fabrics now and after I get back from having lunch with my son at school (birthday boy) I'm going to get cutting
    I haven't done the half log cabin but did make 2 of the Forest Bricks quilts...both turned out great.
    Have lots of fun!
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Very nice patterns on that site.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

check out BQ maple island quilts
    Gale

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast