Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt Bag

I have noticed some quilters have made really cute bags to put their quilt in. Can anyone tell me how to make these or where to go for a pattern. I am very new to quilting so not familar with all the go to places yet but this board is awesome.

I often just make a pillowcase type bag. You can add a drawstring at the top to hold it in if you want to, also.

If you are wanting a tote to carry your WIP around in, you can easily make one. I use upholstry or drapery fabric for the outside and the handles, then line it with regular fabric.

Have you ever made a "Quillow"...it's a quilt that folds into a pillow...all in one. Twin size. I make them and give classes...If your interested in the directions PM me and I can send you directions. I'll post a photo just to show you

pillow with quilt inside
    Name:  Attachment-130532.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  54.3 KB

back side of quilt...fold and restuff
    Name:  Attachment-130663.jpe
Size:  53.1 KB

front of quilt...
    Name:  Attachment-130736.jpe
Size:  79.5 KB

The kind of bag I'm referring to is one where after you have made a quilt you make a matching tote bag to put the quilt in as gift bag and it stores the quilt. I seen this at a wedding shower and thought it was a wonderful Idea but don't know who had made it. Any suggestions.