Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Batting Online? >

Quilt Batting Online?

Quilt Batting Online?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:27 AM

Default Quilt Batting Online?

After trying once again to buy something from my local Joann's (never again). I need to know where is a good place to buy quilt batting online. I need king size. I was trying to buy it by the yard but I would buy a pre cut. I need a white batting that I can quilt far apart. Machine quilt. Good quality and good prices would be nice. Anyone have any recommendation. (Joann's is the only fabric store within and hour of me and after the last couple of times there I will NOT go back there) So online is really the only option I have. Since I can not see or feel the batting I really need some recommendations. Thank you all in advance.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:45 AM

Wal-Mart (online only) has Warm & Natural , priced really well.
Connectiong Threads has Batting that is on sale often.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 AM

I buy mine from Connecting Threads. I don't know about your specific needs, but if you contact them I'm sure they'll help you.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

Connecting Threads is good when they are having a batting sale, as they are now. Here is a link:
http://www.connectingthreads.com/bat...t_batting.html

Other places to look including Amazon, Overstock.com, fabric.com, http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/ , and I'm sure there are many others.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Connecting Threads is good when they are having a batting sale, as they are now. Here is a link:
http://www.connectingthreads.com/bat...t_batting.html

Other places to look including Amazon, Overstock.com, fabric.com, http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/ , and I'm sure there are many others.
Batt-mart is another. I have not purchased from there but their selection is enormous and the prices look good. I think others on this board have purchased from them.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:31 PM

Smile quilt batting online

Marshallsdrygoods.com is a great place to try. I have bought batting by the roll and they have 90 inch wide. I have always be pleased with their batting.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:53 PM

Thank you guys for all of the suggestions. I really like the Connecting Threads site. Beautiful fabric. Is it good quality? I like being able to see and touch before I buy but my only local store is Joann's and they are AWFUL and I am being nice. It is a tiny store anyway with a VERY limited selection and no one who sews works there so they are clueless. I am done with them. I will drive the hour or order online. I knew this group would know of good reliable and quality supplies for what I need. I will just have to be patient and wait for delivery now instead of running out hoping to find what I need and someone who knows what they are selling to me. Any other suggestions are welcome as well. You can never have too many place to buy quilting supplies.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

I have bought the poly batting from C.T. and I think it is too thin. I buy high loft poly batting at Walmart.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

connecting threads has batting on sale for 30% off right now! I just bought 4. they have a good selection- I love all the batts I buy from them and they offer free shipping at the $50 level- they are always my go-to place if I need something i don't have- sales are often
Old 05-17-2013, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Batt-mart is another. I have not purchased from there but their selection is enormous and the prices look good. I think others on this board have purchased from them.
Thanks for the Batt-mart referral. Their site looks great and they sell wholesale.