Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilt Binding Express

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar

Quilt Binding Express

Does anyone here have June Tailor Quilt Binding Express? Do you like it? Is it easy to use? As easy as they show or is it more trouble than it is worth?

Thanks!

I had never heard of this before so I went and looked it up. For me it is not worth the cost of $26. Its only purpose is to help you fold and press the binding that you have cut/stiched together. It appears to be a board with a slit in it to run your unfolded binding through and then an attached padded pressing surface to iron on. I don't see a need for a 'tool' to help me do that but everybody is different.

I have always pressed my binding in half before attaching but I have read on QB of people not pressing and getting good results.

I don't press and my bindings are much better. Try it!

That is very interesting! I press my bindings never thought about not doing it. I will have to give it a try.

Blog Entries
    My bindings improved after I stopped pressing the binding in half. It rolls better. Less fabric is needed underneath, a little more on top to roll. Not pressing allow this difference to work for you.

Another tip that helped my bindings was pressing the binding away from the quilt top after sewing the first time. (Do not press a fold into the binding; just press the binding away from the sewing line.) I was amazed at the difference this makes for my binding!

Hmmmmmmmmm
    Learn something new every day!!
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo C View Post
    I don't press and my bindings are much better. Try it!
    This is so true, I just finished binding a king size bed runner yesterday using this "new to me" method and found the corners fell into place. Great tip be sure to give it a try

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Here I am Lord I am here to do your will.

[QUOTE=lakekids;5829823]I had never heard of this before so I went and looked it up. For me it is not worth the cost of $26. Its only purpose is to help you fold and press the binding that you have cut/stiched together. It appears to be a board with a slit in it to run your unfolded binding through and then an attached padded pressing surface to iron on. I don't see a need for a 'tool' to help me do that but everybody is different.

I just returned from Joann's, I agree not worth the cost. It did have three different sizes and the pressing board attached. Some might have a use for it.

Judy in Phx, Az
    Here I am Lord I am here to do your will.