Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: quilt binding

Can anyone tell me how to mitre a quilt binding when you flip the backing to the front for the binding.

Blog Entries
    Do you mean the backing also serves as binding on the front? If so, tell me your email address and I'll send you instructions.

If you mean attaching a separate binding to the back, then folding to the front, there are several different methods out there.

URL: http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_qlt/article/0,1805,HGTV_3876_3178320,00.html

Or Google-search on "mitered binding on quilts". I've lost count of the different number of methods. Experiment until you find the one that works best for you.

thank you for your response. to bring the binding from the back to the front . but I wanted to know how to miter the corners if you can help me.
    Bea

PS: I meant miter the corners by bring the binding to the front.

thank you for your response. o bring the binding from the back to the fron but I wanted to know how to miter the cornersif yu can help me.
    Bea

Yes ,the backing also serves as the binding on the front. My e-mail is browden1@sbcglobal.net
    What is yours so I won't delete it?

Blog Entries
    Sorry this took so long. Hope I didn't make it sound too complicated. It's actually very easy to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Patrice, thank you so much. This is just what I needed.Your instructions are quite clear.and I appreciate your trouble getting the information for me.
    Thanks again,
    Bea