Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quilt blocks from ebay

Has anyone bought quilt blocks from an ebay seller and used them to make a quilt? I have seen some beautiful blocks on there and am contemplating on buying some. Sure would save me some time. Prices don't look to bad. Would be nice to use them for quick gifts, such as table runners, lap quilts, etc.

I have several times in teh past... expecially when I was short on time and needed a gift... I've so far not had a problem with the quality.....

Blog Entries
    I have done kaliedoscope blocks, and other various blocks, only one time were they a mess. I have bought for years from ebay because i'm an awful cutter

I bought 12 sunbonnet sue blocks, which were really nice, but haven't done anything with them. Now I'm not sure where they ended up.

I've bought several times, and have had no problem with either the cutting or the fabric quality. Just make sure you check out the seller's rating before you order and look through the comments.

The last ones I got were very poor quality.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Whenever I buy on ebay I look at the seller's status. That's a pretty good indicator- plus good photos of what's up for sale.

You have to be careful about the fabric that is used. I bought some blocks and you could see thru the fabric!

Blog Entries
    I've bought blocks and tops. I've been happy with most of them. I get tops to practice on my LA. My family is getting quilts for Christmas, most are my practice ones from ebay. The ones I'm not to happy with are going to charity. I agree with checking out the status and read the feedback comments.

Ive got some beautiful log cabin blocks and crazy quilt blocks I need to put together.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast